How many bags are allowed to be brought on?

Is it 2 bags per person that can be checked and one carry on per person? I was wondering if they followed the same as the airlines? Am I able to check a large duffle bag too with one suitcase? Or does the duffle bag need to be a counted as a carry on? I am trying to figure out the best way for the 6 of us to get all our luggage on. Thanks for any advice.

The cruise line DOES NOT follow the same restrictions as airlines (mainly since weight considerations are a bigger deal for airlines).

You can bring as much luggage as you want, but remember that you will need to store it in your room during the cruise.

My DH and I typically bring 2 large suitcases, 1 large garment bag, and 1 large duffle bag, plus a couple of smaller day packs that we carry on. Usually everthing fits under the beds.

Just remember though if you are flying you still have to follow their rules. If you are not flying PACK AWAY. Just keep in mind that you might not get your luggage the first night before dinner so plan a carryon for that evenings clothes (very casual) as many will not have gotten their luggage. And always keep any valuables or medications with you in a carryon just like you would if you fly. They usually don't let you go to the cabins until 1:00 so after that you can bring any carryons to your room.

Sue

I believe RCI has a limit of 200 pounds per passenger as far as luggage brought onboard. There is no set limit as far as number of bags.

You can't bring 200 pounds of luggage since you are flying. It depends the airline you are flying on. I'm flying Northwest of July 9th and you can't bring over 50 pounds on one bag. They won't accept bags over 100 pounds. But, you can pay extra for bags 51-99 pounds. Which airline are you flying on? Maybe you could check the website for the FAQ's. Good luck on your flight. But, remember that less is better. We have 3 people and bring 3 suitecases and 2 carry ons. One suitcase I share to put my clothes in the other suitecase is my dads. The final suitecase is for stuff like medicine, toothbrush, toothpaste, combs, brushes, etc.

We are not flying, I just wantd to make sure that we could check on duffle bags and that I would not have to carry them around with me on the ship until our room is ready. I think I will put our toilitries in one, since they can get heavy (10 day cruise). I am just trying to prepare for leaving and getting a bit nervous that I might need more luggage than I already have. So if I can check duffle bags (I have a big one) that would work out better. Kudo's for answering me. I appreciate all the help this forum has given me.

Archived