Need advice please!!

pj1000

I am going on the Holiday this week and still have not decided exactly what I'm going to do. I definitely am going to do the beginner scuba excursion at one port, but I'm not sure if it will be Cozumel or Playa Del Carmen. Does anyone have any advice as to which port would be better for this?

I'm also taking into consideration the bars in Mexico being closed for Mexican elections (something I read on this board). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I'd suggest doing the scuba while at Cozumel, as everything there is much more 'together' than Playa del Carmen. I know PdC is trying, but they have a long way to go to become the port-of-call Cozumel and most of the islands are.

LOVE the Holiday, so I know you'll have a great cruise! Bon Voyage!

We did Discover Scuba in CZM when on the Grand. They used Red Sail Sports, and I really can't recommend them. The folks in Grand Cayman were much, MUCH better, and the scuba was, too. It's a great excursion, but the first time I did this, I needed a dive instructor who was willing to patiently calm me down. If I'd done this in CZM first, they would've made me snorkel, but in GC, they took time with me, and I had a fantastic time. I never let go of the mouthpiece, though, because I did not want to sweep for it and clear it. LOL!

I would like to suggest Cozumel. My family and I did a Discovery Scuba dive with Eagle Ray Divers and they are AWESOME. They only take small groups of people (in fact it was only the three of us scuba diving and 4 snorkelers - two instructors and one boat driver). They will take their time and they are VERY patient if that is what you need. We caught on pretty quick and we were diving around 30 ft before it was all over. We also did the two tank dive, which we were so glad that we did. What an experience. My DS, who was 10 years old at the time, really loved it!!!! In fact, we had such a great experience with Eagle Rays when we cruise in Aug. we are going again!!!!! My DH and DS said that didn't care what itinerary we took as long as Cozumel was one of the ports, because they wanted to scuba dive with Eagle Rays!!!! I believe you can do the two tank dive for 110 pp. You can read more about them and book online at http://www.eagleraydivers.com. I hope that I have helped!!

Happy Sailing,

Sports Mama

Archived