Snorkel in Freeport?

Eqty

We will be docking for a half day (7:00 - 3:00) in Freeport in February. We would love to take a snorkel excursion, but would rather use a local company instead of the ship's tour. Has anyone snorkeled in Freeport and can you recommend a local company?

Thanks in advance.

with those hours i would go with the ship's excursion.. the only tour we used from freeport was from port lucaya but we were staying on the island for a few days..the ones you would want to use because of newer boats are probaby the same ones the cruiseline uses and they will provide you transportation to and from the tour boat.. your 3 p.m. departure would worry me if i was out on my own... we had a short day in Nassau a few times and we used the ship's excursion to a reef.. yes, the boat is a little crowded on ship's excursion but once you're in the water and everyone spreads out it isn't crowded at all...we've done both , on our own and the ship's excursionis.. but there are some places i feel better doing the cruiselines and freeport would be one of them , unless i was staying there overnite or a late departure..

Archived