Antwerp to Basel

Cariad3600

Just booked Wine Harvest along the Rhine ... Antwerp to Basel ... departing October 31st.

Anyone else going on this river cruise?

Anyone taken this itinery? Would welcome your review of the ports.

Will be travelling on the River Queen. Would also welcome what to expect from this ship and crew.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful boat and crew. Can't say enough good things. If you go expecting an experience like and ocean cruise, you'll be disappointed. If you go looking for an easy and exciting way to experience Europe, you will be thrilled. This boat is a great size. Very easy to get around. The cabins are great and very well layed out. The crew was very friendly and efficient. Food was great, but not as plentiful as an ocean liner. You will not come home fatter:) Dinner dress was nice, but not overdone. Ladies wore slacks or skirts and simple tops. Very few men wore jackets and or ties. On some days, tours ran very long, so dinner was quite casual. We were exhausted by the evening, so did not partake in the entertainment, which was very simple. We are in our 40's and took our kids 14 and 16 with us. Not many kids on board (which is why we booked it). This is mostly an American tour company. Had some Canadians, New Zealanders and Australlians on board. All announcing is done in English. Security was not an issue, but also not overlooked. You will not only see breathtaking sites, but you will also learn interesting facts about them. Tours were well planned. Touring groups were small. Boat was very clean and well maintained. One thing I hadn't planned on, was how many locks we had to go through on our trip; 10 or 12 in all. First one was neat. Almost no motion on the boat. As we had our scenic cruising day, it could not have been smoother or quieter (accept for the trains on the coasts, or the military planes in the air). I can't wait to do it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Cruisencrazy for your review. All your comments are helpful and much appreciated. The locks will be a pleasant surprise as I would not have expected that either. Did you have a favourite stop? Was wine from the regions included with dinner? After reading your post I am more than ever excited about taking this trip.

Archived