Theme nights (sun)

maf101

Hi again. I have more questions! I've read though a couple posts and found we may have some interesting theme nights. I guess we may have;

• Formal nights
  • Island night
  • Country & Western
  • Super hero
  • Fancy dress
  • PJ party

I'm okay with the formal nights and island night. What about the other theme nights? How involved are they? Are they huge events like Island night? Where's the best place to purchase dress-up items? What did you go as on your cruise?

Hi again. I have more questions! I've read though a couple posts and found we may have some interesting theme nights. I guess we may have;

• Formal nights
  • Island night
  • Country & Western
  • Super hero
  • Fancy dress
  • PJ party

I'm okay with the formal nights and island night. What about the other theme nights? How involved are they? Are they huge events like Island night? Where's the best place to purchase dress-up items? What did you go as on your cruise?

We had all of those on our cruise on Pacific Sun.

They didn't really do anything for the super hero night apart from having a "special" super hero menu, and not many people dressed up.

Country & Western night had some involvement - defiently go to the Hoe down, probably in Terraces, it's a lot of fun.

Fancy Dress night was another one that didn't really seem to work - not much involvement and nothing special done.

The formal nights, Island Night and PJ night all usually get lots of involvement.

Kym

What if you don't wear PJs?..... sorry couldn'y resist!!!!

Did you go out and buy a new pair?

I must admit I am not much of a "Dress Up" person so really don't know how far to get involved on these nights too so that was an excellent question Maf101

What if you don't wear PJs?..... sorry couldn'y resist!!!!

Did you go out and buy a new pair?

I must admit I am not much of a "Dress Up" person so really don't know how far to get involved on these nights too so that was an excellent question Maf101

No, I chose not to go out out in my PJs! But it a lot of people did and everyone seemed to have a fun night. On our cruise on Sun the PJ party was outside around the Lido Pool.

Great question.

I dont know how far we will go with the dress ups, we could probably only contribute to Island Night without going to the effort to buy and pack other 'costumes'.

Because we are getting married on the fifth night of our cruise we are kind of hoping that will be the formal night. It will be nice to have everyone in their spunky formal gear on our wedding night. Lol. :o And it will give me an excuse to keep my wedding dress on all night. Cant get much more formal than that. :p

Great question.

Because we are getting married on the fifth night of our cruise we are kind of hoping that will be the formal night. It will be nice to have everyone in their spunky formal gear on our wedding night. Lol. :o And it will give me an excuse to keep my wedding dress on all night. Cant get much more formal than that. :p

Sorry to disappoint you Tinalu but you'll find that formal nights are on the 2nd & 2nd last night (in your case the 8th * 15th Sep). Our Island night was the day we had been to Vila.

Karen

It will be nice to have everyone in their spunky formal gear on our wedding night. Lol. :o And it will give me an excuse to keep my wedding dress on all night.

You must be really looking forward to your cruise. If you want to wear your wedding dress all night, wear it! You don't need an excuse.

Thank god every everyone doesn't dress up as superheroes!

We only dressed up for Island night and we, and the rest of our table, wore it all to dinner. It was a heap of fun.

On island night the waiting staff in the dining rooms wore floral shirts too.

We didn't bother with any of the other dressing up nights, apart from formal night of course.

Island night is easy. At every port of call the islanders sell leis, floral shirts, sarongs etc. Just buy them there or buy them at home at Go-Lo etc and take them with you.

My husbands best island type shirt has a 'Lowes' label on it. He got a few compliments on it. :D

Jenny

>^..^<

Archived