Received FCC for Summit 5/7/2006 problems

Came yesterday in the mail. $500 pp for a future cruise within 18 months in North America. That is 30% of what we paid for the cruise (including port charges, not including taxes).

I saw that DrewB received his but haven't noticed any others.

Please, this is not to restart the arguments about this cruise, just passing information to those interested.

I saw the title, and I thought you meant problems with the voucher.

So am I wrong in assuming that, other than the limitations on inaugural or holiday sailings, that this can simply be deducted from any price you can get on any X cruise, regardless of how it is booked?

So am I wrong in assuming that, other than the limitations on inaugural or holiday sailings, that this can simply be deducted from any price you can get on any X cruise, regardless of how it is booked?

Yes, you are wrong in assuming that.

Here are the Booking Conditions listed on the certificate.

*Applicable to all categories & programs except Loyalty Reunion Cruises, Interline, T/A Reduced rate, Individual & Group Incentive, net rates, & International Sales Offers. Applicable to individual & group bookings to cruise component only. Not Applicable for shore excursions, tour packages, or other personal charges.

*One certificate per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted on this certificate.

*This certificate is valid only on a future Celebrity Cruises North American cruise. This offer will not be extended.

*Cruise must be taken by 11/7/2007 and not redeemable for inaugural or holiday sailings.

*Valid only for the cruise brand shown above. (Celebrity X Cruises)

*As are all requests for reservations, the offered space is subject to availability, and from time to time, itineraries may be altered or services on a specific ship may be discontinued. Certain restrictions apply.

*Non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.

The certificates are very easily handled by your agent. Once we make the new booking, we enter the certificate in Cruisingpower. When we get the confirmation fax of the booking the certificate amount is deducted from the cruiseonly portion.

It's a piece of cake to redeem.

The certificates are very easily handled by your agent. Once we make the new booking, we enter the certificate in Cruisingpower. When we get the confirmation fax of the booking the certificate amount is deducted from the cruiseonly portion.

Thanks for the info. My TA has the original certificates and I have copies.

What happens if the coupon is not accepted by Celebrity, for whatever reason, are you then commited to a cruise with no discount?

Does anyone know what "certain restrictions apply" means, at the end of a list of restrictions. Is Celebrity going to make up rules as they go along on this. My discount on this cruise was 39% (found by watching the Internet), so it looks like the coupon will not be of any value for me.

cruiser2004,

The certificate is for a dollar value (30% of what you paid for that 5/7/2006 cruise). This is applied toward your future cruise. Nothing to do with what your discount was on that cruise.

CaliforniaDreamin,

Maybe I was not clear in my last post. What I meant was that if we always have have received a discount of over 30% from the regular price, without any coupon, then a coupon for 30% off the regular price would be worthless. This coupon will not be valid for sale prices, happy hour, etc. If I were to use the coupon I would pay more than if I shopped around for sale prices. We tend to be shoppers and I have seen cruises marked down as much as 75%.

I do agree it may have some value to someone who pays full price for their cruise, but for us the coupon is of no value.

CaliforniaDreamin,

Maybe I was not clear in my last post. What I meant was that if we always have have received a discount of over 30% from the regular price, without any coupon, then a coupon for 30% off the regular price would be worthless. This coupon will not be valid for sale prices, happy hour, etc. If I were to use the coupon I would pay more than if I shopped around for sale prices. We tend to be shoppers and I have seen cruises marked down as much as 75%.

I do agree it may have some value to someone who pays full price for their cruise, but for us the coupon is of no value.

crluiser2004,

I see your point. On a particular cruise you certainly might do better booking a sale or happy hour offer. Of course these are usually offered somewhat close to sail date. On the other hand, on a cruise you wanted to take that did not offer these it would be of benefit. You could also book further out and have a better selection of cabins.

That said, the dollar amount off is from the best price you can get on a cruise excluding the listed exceptions and not the brochure price most sites use for discount comparisons. The $$ amount coupon may well be better than some sale or happy hour prices you may get.

This certificate is valid only on a future Celebrity Cruises North American cruise. This offer will not be extended.

I'm not entirely sure what this means. Would Caribbean count if it hits South America or an island off of South America? Would Panama Canal count? Would a TA count since it either begins or ends in North America?

I'm not entirely sure what this means. Would Caribbean count if it hits South America or an island off of South America? Would Panama Canal count? Would a TA count since it either begins or ends in North America?

Drew,

I suspect the Caribbean would qualify.

Panama Canal - Don't think so.

T/A - Don't think so.

Guess we have to ask Celebrity on these to know for sure. (maybe)

I don't understand why it would make a difference to them where you were going. If they're discounting a certain dollar amount, why should they care if it's a Baltic or a South American or an Alaskan cruise...

I see your point. On a particular cruise you certainly might do better booking a sale or happy hour offer.

Hi John.

Frankly, I don't see which restriction knocks out sale or happy hour prices. I assume it's burried somewhere in:

*Applicable to all categories & programs except Loyalty Reunion Cruises, Interline, T/A Reduced rate, Individual & Group Incentive, net rates, & International Sales Offers. Applicable to individual & group bookings to cruise component only. Not Applicable for shore excursions, tour packages, or other personal charges.

But which one? I guess I should first ask what are "individual & group incentive" and "net" rates?

If you get a chance, send us your new e-address. Best to Carole.

Hi John.

Frankly, I don't see which restriction knocks out sale or happy hour prices. I assume it's burried somewhere in:

But which one? I guess I should first ask what are "individual & group incentive" and "net" rates?

Hi Don & Ron

I'm guessing "sale" would be under "Individual & Group Incentive" & "International Sales Offers".

I'm guessing "Happy Hour" would be under "T/A Reduced Rate" since the T/A receives these to release to customers.

John

I called Celebrity customer service this morning. In response to my specific questions I was told the certificates can be applied to cruises to Bermuda, Caribbean, Panama Canal as well as the other more obvious North American itineraries. I was also told they can be used with happy hour sales.

I forgot to ask specifically about TA cruises, however the rep did say European itineraries were excluded.

I was notified that my travel agent received our certificates on Saturday.

Len

Hi Don & Ron

I'm guessing "sale" would be under "Individual & Group Incentive" & "International Sales Offers".

I'm guessing "Happy Hour" would be under "T/A Reduced Rate" since the T/A receives these to release to customers.

John

Good afternoon,

''T/A reduced rate'' only applies to rate given to Travel Agents THEMSELVES for THEIR own cruise, without any impact on or tranferability to the retail client sector.

;) Claude G

I called Celebrity customer service this morning. In response to my specific questions I was told the certificates can be applied to cruises to Bermuda, Caribbean, Panama Canal as well as the other more obvious North American itineraries. I was also told they can be used with happy hour sales.

I forgot to ask specifically about TA cruises, however the rep did say European itineraries were excluded.

I was notified that my travel agent received our certificates on Saturday.

Len

suitedreams, I do not doubt that the agent told you the 30% certificate would be good for happy hour specials, I was very surprised and for a second I thought the coupons might actually have some value, but I thought I better check and see what the Celebrity policy was this week.

I just called Celebrity customer service today and was informed that the coupons were NOT valid for happy hour specials. The agent did say that the certificate MAYBE good if your original cruise was booked on a happy hour special. I asked what "maybe good" meant and was told that all he could say was just "maybe the coupons would be honored". So for myself the certificate still remains worthless. The agent also informed me that if I just read the rules on the coupon everything was spelled out.

"Ahhh, the Celebrity treatment". "How will it affect you?"

I did not bother to follow up any further, because I just can not deal with a company that does business that way. To those who intend to use their Celebrity 30% coupons I would be very, very careful.

I just booked a TransAtlantic for next April. I had our TA double check with Celebrity and they will accept the coupon for the cruise as long as the TransAtlantic starts in the US. I also had her double check to make sure that if we cancel this cruise we will be able to apply it to another as long as we stay within the original guidelines. I am waiting to see something in writing. I just don't trust Celebrity's Customer Service anymore.

We received an FCC after our disappointing Millennium cruise in January. We applied our credit to the Transatlantic cruise we had already booked for this Sept. on Constellation with no problem (cruise ends in U.S).

Linda

Archived