South Florida to New Orleans Post Cruise - help a dumb Aussie

lahore

Hi, we arrive in Fort Lauderdale on the day after Xmas. On the 30th December we need to fly to New Orleans. Have been doing my homework and thinking Delta might be the cheapest, but any suggestions glady accepted. My questions are:

Is it natural to assume to fly from FLL International or would some of the nearby airports be cheaper?

Is it going to be booked out at that time of year - better to book way in advance?

Any cheap and chearful airlines I haven't heard of - dont' care what sort of plane it is, will fly with a pigeon if it can carry us and is cheaper :)

There's several airlines that will fly from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans (I would stick to the International airports in the areas, that way you will wind up with the most selection in terms of flights). Southwest Airlines (http://www.southwest.com) flies direct from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans; with the other airlines (Delta, Air Tran, Continental, etc) you will have to connect in Atlanta or Houston, which makes for a longer trip. You can have a peek at Southwest's website to keep an eye on fares but they don't load in fares until 4 or 5 months in advance; if you're interested, you can sign up on http://www.travelocity.com for their "fare watcher" to keep an eye on fares for you, but travelocity doesn't track Southwest's fares.

Southwest is a totally different kind of airline, if you're looking for something a bit different, you might want to try it. Enjoy your cruise!

-bb123

Archived