Need help from those who live in Cozumel!

wishingtocruise

I am going to be in Cozumel on 4-12-07. This is our first cruise and I now see that there is going to be 9 ships in Port that day! I assume that this means a lot of people will be in port.

Here's the delima: We have a 12year old daughter with Down Syndrome. Very high functioning and appropriate,and quite the charmer:) .I was thinking that a private tour of the island with lunch somewhere and maybe just seeing the "true" Cozumel would be best. Is this possible? Who would you recommend?

Thanks. I'm new here and a little nervous about this post.

Thanks for any and all help.

PS The beach isn't a huge concern. We enjoy being together as a family and love to drive. I know, Hokey but true.:rolleyes:

Hi wishingtocruise

Do you drive? If so, renting a car and exploring yourself may be the most economical way to see the island - see the current thread about renting a jeep for a bit more info; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=373431

If not - the best way to have a private tour for 2 is probably to rent a taxi and driver for the day. You could negotiate when you arrive or somebody else maybe able to suggest a driver you could book in advance.

Another alternative is to pre-book a custom island tour with Cozumel Insider, although this may be a little expensive if its just the two of you - more info on their site here: http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Customczm?From=Trans

Cozumel My Cozumel offer something similar, but I'm not sure how much it costs, see: http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelDrivingTour.htm

Have a great visit!

Ian

thanks so much for your help. My husband will be with us, he just doesn't want to deal with all the traffic. I also want to have something set up before we go because of all the ships slated to be in port that day.

I will check out Gabriel. Thank you Coz girl.:)

thanks so much for your help. My husband will be with us, he just doesn't want to deal with all the traffic.
Unless you drive into town, you would experience little what I would consider "traffic".

Here´s my local´s opinion...you might consider dropping Nelda an email at: http://www.cozumeltours.com/

She is a retired school teacher that started up a specialized tour business some years back. She will tailor the day and your tour to you and your family´s needs. An individual touch. There are lots of tour companies here but I sense you want something more special for your family...you get it with Nelda.

THANK YOU SO MUCH SOLITA!!!!! You're right, I did want something a little special for us and especially my daughter. A teacher sounds wonderful and interesting especially since I work at a high school.

I really do appreciate this. I'll be in touch with her today!

You're the best:p

Thanks Solita,

I feel really good about this and have already sent Nelda an E-mail,so we'll see how this all works out. I'll keep you informed. I did a search and did not read one negative about these people so I'm really excited.

I'm just waiting for a response from them.

Thanks again!!

Archived