compare NCL Dawn or Spirit to RCCL

laura215

To anyone who has been on a rccl voyager class will I be disappointed in NCL Dawn or Spirit?

sorry to jump on, we're looking at the 11 Day cruise on the dawn next feb.

are the pools on her all freshwater?...princess ships are

thx,

We were on RCCL Voyager of the Sea's last year. We had previously been on the Dawn the 2 years before that. The Voyager of the Sea's is a beautiful ship....but my husband and I both preferred the Dawn :)

We are going on the Spirt for the first time this Sept. so I can't make any comparison there.

We had a balcony cabin on both RCCL and the Dawn, and preferred the Dawn

I am sure one was not any larger then the other, just seemed like it to us, maybe the decor ?

We liked the fact that NCL has the poolside BBQ's, while RCCL did not.

We like freestyle better then traditional dinning.

We like the resort causual attire.

Thought the food was about the same.

I love Le Bistro on the Dawn, can even remember what I had for dinner there, on RCCL, couldn't have been all that impressed, with the speciality resturant, Portofino's....can't remember what I had :)

I was not impressed with the "mini mall" that the voyager of the sea's has.....nor with the entertainment, I think the Dawn has it beat hands down, although the ice show was pretty amazing, considering that you are on a ship! And of course RCCL "quest" was great!

Of course the voyager has the rock climbing wall (thats exactly what I wanted to do...NOT LOL), and the ice skating rink, and Minature golf (it was so windy where it is located, that the little balls where just going where ever the wind took them)

The one thing I enjoyed on the Voyager of the Sea's was that they had an adults only pool....a small one, but it was much more quieter then the regular pool, and we really enjoyed using it.

Most guests did dress up for formal night on the voyager, where as I think (IMHO) that most do not on the NCL ships.

If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to help

Debbie

Opps.....the answer to your question is that I don't think you would be disappointed with the Dawn.

and I think the pools are salt water

Thanks for the reply it was very helpful. I am happy to hear that NCL is not as formal as RCCL because I like to just relax on vacation and ot worry about getting to dressed up at night.

We have kids so we couldn't use the adult pool on Rccl anyway.

How are the activities aboard the ship. We will have a couple of sea days so I was wondering what they do at that time.

I agree the Voyager mini-golf is pretty windy and I'm with you I have no intereast n rock climbing either.

Archived