not to be missed in Barbados

belldebb

Silver Moon sounds wonderful but we have a large group. From the looks of this they only take up to 18? This family that cruises together usually does excursions together also....I would really like to do that if there were just a few of us. Thanks for the recommendations! I will definately look into it on the next cruise to the area...

Does anyone know anything about the Pirate Ship Excursion???

From what I understand, there is the Jolly Rogers pirate excursion and the Jolly Rogers pirate excursion. In Aruba, we did the Jolly Pirates which I believe is probably a little less of a drinking (but yes, there was an open bar) excursion than Jolly Rogers. I could be wrong, though. On our Jolly Pirates, it was family oriented, we snorkeled in 3 different places, had lunch served to us, and got to swing on a rope swing off the ship ... and yes, I did it even at the age of 51. You only live once!! If you have 18 in your group, they'll easily fit on the ship as we probably had at least 50 on ours. Now having said all this, I'm not sure if this excursion operates in Barbados. Maybe someone who has done both Jolly Rogers and Jolly Pirates can compare the two.

THANKS!!!

Silver Moon will only take up to 18 according to the web...I have contacted them with no response :-(....

I have seen the Jolly Roger Pirate on the Princess website in Barbados and looked like a fun time; YEAH, the rope swing at 48!!!

Good to hear all the great responses!

THANKS!

What about a fortress?

Anyone ventured to that??

The day I did the Silver Moon I, there was a family group of 30 on the Silver Moon II (another group from Cruise Critic). When they have individual groups, the max they will take on the II is 18, but when it's one group, they will take more since you won't be disturbing or crowding other people.

Hi belldeb,

We had a fantastic 5hr cruise on the Heatwave which also took in all the simular sights of the other Catamarans but with a big plus by going to the Boatyard beach as well to use all their water toys (as well as a ropeswing from their pier just like on the Jolly Roger!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!) Its quite a large boat and takes up to 40ppl. Check them out, we had a blast and the buffet and bar were outstanding!!

Enjoy!!:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Debbie,

Yes; we'll be on QM2 also. But we'll be on her after you -- we don't sail until December 16. Although going to St. Kitts (first time) and Barbados (second time) should be interesting, I think what we're most looking forward to on this cruise is spending some time experiencing the ship.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Hey Judy,

I have learned so much about the ship from our roll call under "Cunard". Make sure that you visit there!

There are so many folks on the roll call that this is their 3, 4, 5th time on the QM2. A wealth of info and so many great pictures!

Have a great time!

Only a 15 more weeks for us; shoudl be about 17 for you? Not too far now!

Debbie-

Is your family interested in actually seeing the Island or just getting off one ship and boarding another boat?? That's the determining factor when we book our excursions. I know it's probably hard to please everyone, too.

I'd consider booking an all day excursion where you can see the island highlights as well as snorkeling and swimming with the turtles, etc.

I'm not sure if Sarah can host a group as big as your's or not, but the Best of Barbados Tour is fantastic!! I'm sure the proper transportation can be arranged by anyone given advance notice.

www.glorytours.org

Hey Judy,

I have learned so much about the ship from our roll call under "Cunard". Make sure that you visit there!

There are so many folks on the roll call that this is their 3, 4, 5th time on the QM2. A wealth of info and so many great pictures!

Have a great time!

Only a 15 more weeks for us; shoudl be about 17 for you? Not too far now!

Debbie,

I'm going to visit your roll call and check out some of that info. We have a roll call going also, but not too much activity on it yet. Measuring the time in weeks makes it seem closer -- I like that!

Judy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Belldebb

We just did the Shasa catamaran 3 hour tour and it was an absolutly first rate tour bit late on this post but you know how it goes we did it in mid august we were 6 in total we had the whole boat to ourselves the service was indeed second to none as they advertise, as we sailed along there was a tour of all the hotels and houses, the turtles were magnificent the bay we went into to see the turtles was full of catamarans but our captain got in and brought 3 turtles along side the boat after teaching my youngest daughter to snorkel. then we sailed a bit and stopped at the shipwreck and reef where there are thousands of very curious fish our captain Jason fed them with bread and we got some first rate pictures he also brought the turtles right up to our cameras lovley pics. Anyways the long and short of this post is this, in my humble opinion it is by far the best catamaran cruise we have done in Barbados and we have been here 3 times its personalised the drinks never stop flowing and the atmosphere and company is indeed first class thank you capt jason for making our holiday truely a memorable one.:D

Archived