Best non-strenuous excursion?

seasplease

I'll be on St. Thomas in 3 1/2 weeks with my sister and mother, who is an adventurer, but is recovering from radiation treatments and doesn't have a lot of strength.

It is our first time in St. Thomas, so can someone in the know please advise us on our best choice of activities? We'll be in port from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

I thought a daysail would be nice, but Mom doesn't snorkel so I didn't know if she'd enjoy herself. Also, it's a little late to try to book something.

We really want the day to be great for her. Any ideas?

How about doing an island tour with Godfrey? http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

I have photos here of the tour that we took: http://lrichters.smugmug.com/gallery/1196385

This tour is not strenuous. Here's what it consists of:

• Some shopping time in town.
  • A scenic driving tour of the island.
  • A choice of 3 beaches where to stop for about 2 hours or so. It's not required that you snorkel -- you can just chill out and relax. Godfrey will lock your purchases up in the cab of his vehicle while you go out and enjoy yourselves.

Your whole family would enjoy this tour. ;)

I second a tour with Godfrey!!! Its the only way (and most economical) way to see the highlights of St Thomas. And if she does not want to spend any time at the Beach....he will gladly take her back to the ship while the rest of the family enjoys the beach!

Hope Mom enjoys herself after all she's been thru!!

Deb

Thank you so much the the advice. I can always depend on this board to know the answers. I'm going to try to contact Godfrey today.

Richters, your photos are wonderful. You must be a professional photographer. Thank you for sharing.

Archived