Dawn, cat BD room 8020

kevinsmom

i have read some posts about balcony views being blocked by some sort of "frame" on some of the ncl ships. i am wondering if anyone has been in or near where my room is and if they experienced this. i have looked at the deck plans and it is not clear.

thanks

Your's is one of them. Look at a photo of the Dawn, deck 8, count back 4 balconies. The forward deck 8 balconies have steel frames around the balconies for protection and strenght. They do not really block your view but just make the openning a bit smaller.

Your's is one of them. Look at a photo of the Dawn, deck 8, count back 4 balconies. The forward deck 8 balconies have steel frames around the balconies for protection and strenght. They do not really block your view but just make the openning a bit smaller.

can you tell me where i can look to see it? is it going to be a real obstruction? don't you think this is something the travel agent should have told us first? is it going to be like looking out of a porthole while standing on the balcony? thanks so much!

can you tell me where i can look to see it? is it going to be a real obstruction? don't you think this is something the travel agent should have told us first? is it going to be like looking out of a porthole while standing on the balcony? thanks so much!

Relax - it is OK - here's a picture - notice the passenger happily enjoying a BD balcony by the torch.

Dawn BD

It did not link to the exact picture - look at picture in the second row, second from the right

Relax - it is OK - here's a picture - notice the passenger happily enjoying a BD balcony by the torch.

Dawn BD

It did not link to the exact picture - look at picture in the second row, second from the right

thanks for taking the time to do that for me :) you're right it doesn't look too bad, i was imagining going out on the balcony and having to look through a small porthole one at a time to see anything. but i still feel that the travel agent could have told us, or at least tried to get us a better one, we booked in jan and i am sure there was a lot more avail back then. thanks again!

thanks for taking the time to do that for me :) you're right it doesn't look too bad, i was imagining going out on the balcony and having to look through a small porthole one at a time to see anything. but i still feel that the travel agent could have told us, or at least tried to get us a better one, we booked in jan and i am sure there was a lot more avail back then. thanks again!

Have your TA call the NCL re-accomodation desk. With 3 weeks to go they may be able to move you or even upgrade you for a fraction of the normal cost. You can do it yourself but NCL will want to check with your TA to make sure it's ok to work with them. Here is the number 800-625-4309

In any case your cabin should be fine and I hope you enjoy the Dawn as much as we have.

Archived