cozumel beaches?

rere30

Paradise beach which is close by is highly recommended and has chairs, umbrellas, and changing facilities without any charge. There is a charge for water toys and the water park, and there is a bar/restaurant available for refreshments. We plan to go there when we are in Cozumel on Freedom in October.:)

I highly recommend it. I have been there 5 times. I get off the ship and just head there because I know what I can expect. Cab ride about 10 bucks, entry is $12 for an adult. Don't know about kids, sorry. The fish are great - bring dog biscuits to feed them. You won't regret the experience. I was there again last Oct - the week before the hurricane hit them - I spent many hours snorkeling and jumping off the dock way off in the bay. Had a blast with kids from Mexico that could not speak English and my Spanish is terrible but smiles mean alot :) My family always smiles when they remember the times at Chankanaab Park. I hope you guys will too!

Susan

Paradise Beach is a class act, and GREAT to go to. We were last there in April and Chaankanab was not open yet. Still closed due to the hurricane. If you pick paradise Beach, you should try and go early before the other cruise people get there, and save any shopping until later. The food and drinks are great too.

It gets alittle confusing when people talk about "beaches" here. There are very few nature-made beaches on the westside of the island except further south (Paradise, Uvas, Playa Mia, etc.). The "beach" at Chankanaab is a very rocky shoreline with no direct access to the water. You must climb down stairs to get in at Chankanaab. The sand there was brought in by truck.

Archived