Flying Dutchman

ryan759

Looking for info about the Flying Dutchman being seen at Castaway Cay. Based on this: http://allearsnet.com/cruise/cr_news.htm#0705 it's just arrived so any info will need to come from those who JUST got off the boats. If you saw the SNGS (Subject Named Ghost Ship), how far out is it anchored and are you able to get an up close look (from the island or by renting a boat?) and if from the island, from which beach can you see it the best? We go in Late Aug and are hopeful it will still be there!

Howdy,

I have seen many pictures of it on another cruise board. It is awesome and easy to see. it is in the lagoon area next to where the ship docks.

You cant miss it!! We are going in August too and it is suppose to be there until 2007. I cant wait,

mom x4,grandma x4

We were on the June 29 Wonder and saw the first time while eating breakfast from Beach Blanket buffet while we docked at CC. When you get to CC you can see the boat docked not far off shore. It was an amazing site! We took some pictures and the turned out great! The kids loved it!

We were on the June 24 sailing of the Magic which went to Castaway Cay twice. On the first stop, the Flying Dutchmen was off to the side connected to the barge they towed it with. On the second stop, it was on view in the lagoon. You cannot miss it. If you rent a boat or banana boat, you will get even closer. Pretty cool.

Charles

We are booked on the Disney Wonder 11 nighter in September and there is actually an excursion that you can go on the ship!! Can't wait!!

Bluewaves,

We are on the 11 day also but did not see anything about an excursion for the ship. :confused: Can you tell me where to find the info? Thanks

Carol

Sorry everyone. I was advised incorrectly. I just cancelled the excursion even though it still sounds fun. The excursion I was referring to is on the Brig Unicorn (also in the Pirates of the Carribbean) out of St. Lucia on the 11-night cruise in Sept.

And, I was so excited, too!! Although, it still sounds fun!!

just got off the Wonder last Sunday .. Saw the Flying Ducthman while in CC on Saturday.

although I too would live an FD related excursion I could definitely understand why they won't do it .. one reason being can you imagine all the disappointed kids who wouldn't understand that most of the movie scenes inside the ship were filmed in a studio and not on the FD? Plus I'm not sure how sturdy it is (i.e. how many dozens, or hundreds, of people could it hold at a time).

Archived