Glory 7/1

lxh11

Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America -- Kentuckians, Tennesseans, North Carolinians, Virginians, West Virginians and some from South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES" OR "REDNECKS".

You must now refer to us as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

Thank you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America -- Kentuckians, Tennesseans, North Carolinians, Virginians, West Virginians and some from South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES" OR "REDNECKS".

Thank you.

LMAO!!

I never understood this saying. I LOVE my job! If I pay for a service I should get it - not just settle and be happy I'm not working. :cool:

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

I totally agree with the not understanding the saying and I don't love my job but they are paying for my services and I deliver. When I am paying someone I expect the same services. Now give me a FREE cruise and I will gladly settle and be happy.

First...

Don't order wheat toast at Cracker Barrel. Everyone will instantly know that you're from Ohio. Eat your biscuits like God intended.

LMAO...My husband (who is originally from Ohio) gets wheat toast whenever sour dough isn't available!!

Second...

Hey, I'm from Florida and we get flack all the time about all sorts of things. (hanging chads...unable to count...we're all q-tips (white haired)...etc). If it doesn't apply to me, I don't fret over it. Usually I laugh about it.

Let's lighten up. The original poster didn't mean to offend anyone...except maybe one of those people she was specifically talking about.

First...

LMAO...My husband (who is originally from Ohio) gets wheat toast whenever sour dough isn't available!!

Second...

Hey, I'm from Florida and we get flack all the time about all sorts of things. (hanging chads...unable to count...we're all q-tips (white haired)...etc). If it doesn't apply to me, I don't fret over it. Usually I laugh about it.

Let's lighten up. The original poster didn't mean to offend anyone...except maybe one of those people she was specifically talking about.

I like your style!!

Thank you.

You got greens and fat back to go with that?! YUM!

*grabs fork and stands by*

LOL!

Thank you.

ROFLMAO!!! It doesn't help that they always have that SNL skit, Appalachian ER, which by the way, cracks me up! We really aren't that bad though! LOL!

Now, did someone say fatback??? :D

Our cabin neighbors were the WORST!!! They were loud even at 2 am in the morning! We had trouble sleeping some times b/c of them.....Worse cabin neighbors we ever had. They were also in a HUGE group they were all from ATL....They had seprated the partition to create huge balconies so it was a lot of them together drinking

Ooops! That could have been our group:p Wow those horrible people having a good time on their vacation, how dare they:eek: Seriously, when you are out partying and having a good time, you loose track of time, and are clueless as to how loud you are. You could have politely let them know it was bothering you. We would not have mind if someone let us know.;)

Ooops! That could have been our group:p Wow those horrible people having a good time on their vacation, how dare they:eek: Seriously, when you are out partying and having a good time, you loose track of time, and are clueless as to how loud you are. You could have politely let them know it was bothering you. We would not have mind if someone let us know.;)

I'm all for having fun when on your vacation...but when its 2am and you are in your cabin trying to get some sleep and you can't becuase the people next door are being very loud it becomes a little annoying. I have fun but I also try to be considerate to the people next door to me and my SO is always very good at reminding me when I'm starting to get obnoxious....we are the type of people that treat others the way we would like to be treated...as the old saying goes.

I didn't want to say anything becuase I didn't want to ruffle any feathers and have bad blood with people that are living next to you for a week. Besides the people next to us seemed like they would not take to kindly us asking them to keep it down a little. So we just grinned and beared it...a little tired the next day...but thats what afternoon naps were for.

Did you guys happen to be on the Verandah deck? We were in room 8261....

Thank you.

Good one!!!!!!! :D :D

Hi All-

I am sorry that you (original poster) had a bad time...... I Was wondering though since you had all of these problems, did you contact someone in Management, and was it in your opinion worth it to continue cruising versus just getting off at the next port and flying back home?

PS..for the other poster- I LOVE the Awful Waffle! *laughs* and I do put sugar and butter on my grits and rice. I am SC born- but Military Brat raised....:D

tahiti

No need to be sorry tahitidreamz, I didn't have a bad time. I merely reported the good with the not so good. It was not THE best cruise I have had. It seems you may have missed the good points, so let me recap just in case they got lost in the not so good. I realize that people have only absorbed the negatives.

The buffet was the usual fare, tasty. Fish & chips were fabulous, cripsy and the fish had great flavor. The bouilabaise was also good.

Sailed about 6pm as we waited for passengers held up in traffic. Platinimum dining upper level - we had a lovely view of the ocean and our dining staff were super corteous and pleasant.

Our room was on the Upper deck forward and our steward unlocked our balcony partition so that we had a bigger balcony (my inlaws were next door).

The appetizers were always good and the chilled soups were terrific.

The deserts in the Red Sail had way more flavor for the most part.

The veal, the seafood selections and pasta were all very good.

The ports of call Belize, Costa Maya & Cozumel were all great, Nassau was just the same as always.

We tendered in Belize and took the Bacab Park tour, the tour guides spiel on the bus was really interesting.

We took a taxi into Mahahual in Costa Maya, found a nice spot on the beach and just relaxed all day and swam. This little village did not exist 2 years ago, most people have just moved from other places in Mexico to cash in on the cruise passenger boom that is just starting.

The hurricane damage in Cozumel is very apparant, but reconstruction is ongoing. Everyone was very friendly and we spent a great day shopping and had lunch at an outdoor restaurant on the main street.

Nassau - we paid $4 each for a taxi ride to cabbage beach and spent a couple of hours relaxing. The sea was fabulous.

The comedian Jim Brick was fabulous, his commentary on life in general was hysterical.

I was not born in but was raised in North Carolina.

I take some offense at the statement in the original post.

I have lived in New York and New Jersey and been in many states.

Rude people are not in any one location.

I was raised to always open doors, say yes sir, no sir, yes maam.

There ARE loud rednecks from NC and SC, I make no excuses for them,

actually that is why we have Nascar so we can keep them in one place.

People that are irritating are ones who usuallythink they are a bit above teveryone else, look down their noses at anyone that is not "enlightened" enough to be from the heavenly place they are from.

I apologize for any of my North Carlina neighbors that did not act up to your high standards, ( Mr and Mrs Thurston Howell the 3rd)

However, very likely the ones you were offended by were probably just as offended by YOUR actions which you are completely oblivious to.

If your pedigree is of such standards that intermingling with residents of the southern colonies brings forth such abhorrence and such distaste, I humbly suggest you book your next cruise upon the Queen Mary II.

After all the Glory's port is Florida and it is a southern state.

Also, after any of the many musical entertainment, at NO time did ANYONE ever light up a bic lighter and yell FREEBIRD!

Thank you maam or sir for your comments, I may disagree but I do respect your right to have them.

Warmest regards

JT

Archived