Glory 7/1

lxh11

My favorite of the whole post:

We left when a large group of 20+ people arrived from the Glory and proceeded to take over climbing on each others shoulders and having the time of their lives, while having no consideration for their fellow men, who were enjoying the peace and tranquility.

What? People outdoors on a public beach having fun? The NERVE! Don't they understand they are supposed to behave like they are in church when they are at a public beach outdoors?

Eh, you lost me with the bash against NC/SC'ers...:rolleyes: But it's good to know they were wearing their NC/SC brands so you'd know exactly which states to blame :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing...also the same with the "South Africans":rolleyes:

My favorite of the whole post:

What? People outdoors on a public beach having fun? The NERVE! Don't they understand they are supposed to behave like they are in church when they are at a public beach outdoors?

Can you even imagine??? People, having fun at the BEACH :eek: Well I nevah!!!! :p

Also, after any of the many musical entertainment, at NO time did ANYONE ever light up a bic lighter and yell FREEBIRD!

JT

ROFL! What I find amusing is the fact that my husbands senior class song WAS in fact, FREEBIRD...and I am from WV...

Let me wear a too tight turtleneck to hide my hot pink neck...

LOL!

I was thinking the same thing...also the same with the "South Africans":rolleyes:

I was wondering about that too. Never mentioned the nationality of anyone else...mmmm.

As for the un-vacuumed floor, one call to housekeeping would have done the trick. If that didn't work, I'm sure the Hotel Manager would have been happy to accommodate your request for a clean floor.

Maybe if you didn't have the "thumbs down" icon on your post, people wouldn't have been a little less defensive. It didn't seem like a "thumbs down" kind of review.

And if all else really fails, remember the ancient saying: "If you steal their vacuum, they will come."

Sorry to bump up this thread but I found this comment hysterical.........I would steal the vacuum and do the room myself and probably have DH call the manager (or whoever the heck was in charge) and have them watch me.........

Debarkation is odd, self assist passengers go first (those that carry ALL their own lugage). However, most people have now opted for this option, so if you put your luggage out the night before you are now the last to debark. We did not get off until 9:40am and customs and immigration takes forever.

quote]

I hear ya there!! We just got off the Glory on Saturday 7/15 and it wasn't until noon when our color tags were called!! I think most people were doing self debarkation also. We were one of the last people off the ship and we saw the front of the line people (wedding party) and they didn't look happy that it took so long to clear the ship. The Carnival staff at the customs area were kind and kept apolgizing to us that they were sorry it took so long. Fortunately, the line through customs moved quickly at that point!

First, I know I read somewhere in the rules here that a member on these boards should not be correcting or making fun of others spelling. That goes way back to the first page when someone did just that.

Second, OMG some of you people really take things way to personal. If I was describing someone and said where they were from, that does not make it a bash against that whole locale. If the OP knew they were from NC/SC then why not post it that way, "the group(s) from NC/SC" Hardly a slam on the two states, and that is not just in my own opinion, since they never continued to "bash" those states.

I was on a cruise once with a HORRIBLE group of Quinceneras ( spelling ) And they were the rudest, brattiest bunch of girls I had ever been around. Now, and intelligent person would take that as the group that was aboard that ship, others here say that I should not call em what they are cuz then it offends the entire population of those people. Or better yet, if someone was to say some jerk from Colorado, cut me off on the highway this morning, then I should be offended cuz I'm from Colorado? :eek:

Lighten up, give the OP what she/he deserves, some sympathy for the things that went wrong on this cruise, and well wishes that future ones will be much better.

I have to agree here, the op never stated ALL PEOPLE from these places where rude.

Thanks for the review I belive that a review should state the good and bad.

I hear ya there!! We just got off the Glory on Saturday 7/15 and it wasn't until noon when our color tags were called!! I think most people were doing self debarkation also. We were one of the last people off the ship and we saw the front of the line people (wedding party) and they didn't look happy that it took so long to clear the ship. The Carnival staff at the customs area were kind and kept apolgizing to us that they were sorry it took so long. Fortunately, the line through customs moved quickly at that point!

Did you do a review? If not, will you? We leave on Saturday and I am reading everything I can find -- the good, the bad and the fugly!

TIA

I for one enjoyed the review, both the good and the bad.

The OP never said ALL people from a certain state are rude...just that large groups from there were all hanging together and annoying etc

I think that any time you have a large "group" of people you may run into some problems, chair saving, seat saving, etc..and if they are a rowdy group like these people were then there are more problems

I would be more interested in hearing if other cruises on Glory have this problem....is it being marketed to groups etc?? That would be useful info rather than endless pointless "jokey" posts defending people's southern pride and honor etc..how many times do we have to have that boring long post about what to order at waffle house (ugh) posted over and over??

I did notice that one of the southerners had to chime in about rude "northern" people ....huge yawn ....I am orignially from the north and live in the south for years, but I don't care I would not be offended.

I do find it offensive that real information and valid critiques are "lost" in between banter and that people who have real information are "scared" to give it for fear of this sort of put downs.

Sometimes there may be real problems on a particular ship....no sense to cheerlead and/or try to stiffle the source of information.

I have only been on one Carnival cruise and it was great, there were some groups of wedding parties on it but no problems. I would be interested to hear if maybe this particular ship, Glory, is being sold to groups etc??

Why not let the people who were on it give their opinions, information???

Thanks to the OP for the review, the good and the bad. Did you ever find out what sort of "group" these people were??

Archived