Binoculars???

doninla

Ritz camera has some 10x50's for $29.99. I went into our local store, and had to ask for them they didn't have them on display (other 10x50's were near $100.) Ritz and Wolf camera are the same company I think.

Bass Pro Shops had 10x50's for $39.99

I saw some 10x50 at Wal-Mart for $34.

These were good enough for what we used them for, infact spent a lot of time hauling them around and didn't use them too much.

We are going to Alaska on 8/19 and just bought two pairs of binos today in fact! I see you're from the LA area so this will be helpful. We got ours at Big 5 sporting goods. They are Barska 10x50 X-Trail AB10176. They are really great! Very wide angle and clear. They are normally $100 each but the assitant store manager honored the last known sale price of $39.99 each. They had others on sale today but not this particular model. We tested the others, but found these to be better for us. We got them at the Brea store here in Orange County. Perhaps you could have the store nearest you honor the discount too? Their item # is 02767135, just so you know you are getting the right ones.

Happy Cruising!

We're going to Alaska at the end of the month and I just ordered a pair of binoculars online (just can't seem to find time to hit the mall or local sporting good stores!). I order a pair of Olympus 8x21. Does anyone know if 8x is enough for majority of the creature watching? The higher magnification binoculars seemed too big to carry since I plan on having my camera and camcorder with me in the backpack that will be filled with multiple layers of clothing! :D

:D Yes we are adults and can share, but should we take a pair of binoculars rather than just 1???

Also, I understand the magnification, but pricing runs from $35 to $100+ for same mag. I guess features like compact, light enhancement, waterproof etc drive the price up?:confused:

If you dont have any place local or dont feel like going to look, go to

telescopes.com and order them online...Bought 2 pair of Bushnell 12x

for 40 each...They fit in the palm of your hand and are perfect for those that dont want big bulky Binoc's hanging around the neck...12x is really powerful and if you have a little shake in the hands you might want to drop to 8x or so....

We sail next week on the Vision...Xing the fingers for good weather....

:cool:

I am looking for binoculars too for this August trip to Alaska on the Sun. I will have rare use for them again after the trip, so I don't want to spend a fortune. A consumer website said that the Nikon Action 8x40 is a good budget choice (about $60), but it is not fog proof or water proof. We will be doing the Tracy Arm excursion, seaplane and dogsledding. Do you think binoculars would be a nice addition or seldom used as others have said. We do have a balcony room, by the way. Based on our excursions and balcony viewing, would the fogproof and waterproof be a necessity?

Archived