Snorkeling On Pearl Island?

rere30

Has Any One Snorkeled On Pearl Island ? My Husband And I Want To Go Snoreling While In The Bahamas But We Dont Want To Dive Off A Aboat We Kinda Wanted A Beach. If Anyone Has Any Info Please Let Me Know Thanks

The snorkeling on Pearl Island is from the beach. Well, wall and steps but it is from land. There is some neat things to see while snorkeling but we did not like it. You are in with a large group and only allowed to snorkel in a penned area. There is a swift current that you have to watch or you will be pushed into other swimmers. Also, you have to wear a life vest which inhibits your mobility. I did not blow mine up so I could swim down to the bottom.

Some people enjoyed Pearl Island but we did not. We liked the free style at the Blue Lagoon but the island is essentially shut down except for a Dolphin Encounter.

Good luck with your decision!

We hated Pearl Island! We were there in May. The area you walk in is vey rocky and full of grooves so it is very easy to fall on one of the many sea urchins everywhere! We had our own snorkel and just needed the mask. They gave us different mask than everyone else who needed both. They leaked terrribly and when we asked for a different one they told us they had given us a kid's mask. I did not use the bathrooms, but I heard many complaints about the water not working. We would NEVER go here again!

Archived