celebrity prefered airlines

jakenashleysmom

I am curious if anyone knows what airlines Celebrity tends to use most often? I have booked cruise with air from Buffalo to Miami, Jan 22, 2006, and am still considering booking my own airfare if the price is right.

thanks!

When a cruise leaves from Florida or California, we usually book our own flights, but Celebrity put us on American Airlines when we flew to Vancouver for our Alaskan cruise, and Virgin Atlantic Airlines when we flew to London for our Baltic Cruise to Russia.

On our first return from Rome two years ago, Celebrity flew us out on US Air back to Detroit. This year it was NWA. I also think it's the cheapest bid that determines our fate.You might be able to specify under "deviation" requests.

Don't forget about Custom Air; if you are eligible you can essentially pick your own flights and times at no additional charge. We did that this past January for our Constellation trip from Charlotte to San Juan and return: it was $450 cheaper per person than booking direct with USAir.

Does anyone know if Celebrity uses "red eye" flights to get you to the Ship over arriving one day prior and putting you up in a hotel?

We can't make it from Calgary to the ship on the same day!!! If we had a choice we would choose not to take a midnight flight to make a connection in the morning and would rather arrive one day ahead of schedule and overnight it.

And for those of you who suggest air deviation/custom air--it's not an option. By the time we pay for our deviation, hotel and transportation from airport to hotel and to the port, it is more than taking the airfare with the cruiseline.

Thanks to all who take the time to answer my question.

Sandy

Archived