Formal Nights on Crown

Gem Lover

Does anyone know how many formal nights there are on the 9 night cruise out of NY? We'll be on the Crown 8/7. I haven't been on Princess in a while. I was wondering if things have changed since they've gone to different types of dinning?

Gem;)

Does anyone know how many formal nights there are on the 9 night cruise out of NY? We'll be on the Crown 8/7. I haven't been on Princess in a while. I was wondering if things have changed since they've gone to different types of dinning?

Gem;)

Follow-on question - first time on Princess - -

does "formal attire" extend to the open seating dining room too?

Thanks

I was quite surprised to find that the dress code was NOT enforced and saw many people inappropriately dressed on the 7/2 cruise. No jackets for men and even worse jeans and jean shorts. Also they switched the second formal night with no warning to the night before Bermuda (i.e after stating that it would be the night of Bermuda).

Gem;)

I have been on two or three cruises in the past year or so. My general feeling on formal nights as seen on Princess, HAL and RCCL is that things are getting slightly less formal. I see fewer tuxedos worn by the men but dark suits seem a good alternative. I have been sticking to long and short dressy looking black skirts and once in a while silky pants. I am always on the lookout for a little more glitter on the tops. Most of what I see looks identical. Women often seemed to be dressed more formal then the men. I hope this has been helpful.

Gem;)

I have been on two or three cruises in the past year or so. My general feeling on formal nights as seen on Princess, HAL and RCCL is that things are getting slightly less formal. I see fewer tuxedos worn by the men but dark suits seem a good alternative. I have been sticking to long and short dressy looking black skirts and once in a while silky pants. I am always on the lookout for a little more glitter on the tops. Most of what I see looks identical. Women often seemed to be dressed more formal then the men. I hope this has been helpful.

Gem;)

Gem;)

Gem;)

Archived