Osaka Hilton to cruise terminal

lctc

Will be on the Oct. 14 Osaka-Beijing Cruise and 6a land tour. Arriving in Osaka on the 11th and will need to get to the cruise terminal on the 14th from the Hilton Hotel. Due to health reasons subway not possible. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus and the cost? How easy is it to get into the terminal from the drop off point? Apparently taxis are expensive, anyone know what the cost is?

Thanks

LCTC:confused:

A very timely post...We'll be disembarking as you embark and I just finished e-mailing the Hilton Osaka and was able to arrange a hotel car and driver to pick us up at the Tempozan Cruise Terminal and deliver us to the hotel. The cost is 9000JPY = $77US.

Their e-mail address is frontdeskmanagers.osaka@hilton.com

Put Attn: Bell Captain desk. (I dealt with Masaru Honda at the Bell Captain desk). Include your name and hotel reservation # and the time you want to depart for the Cruise Terminal. They were very prompt in their reply. They said the Cruise Terminal was about 1/2 hour from the hotel.

I contacted another transport company (MK-taxi) but they were somewhat vague... wanted us to call them if they weren't there to pick us up. They wanted $11US less than the Hilton but we'll be able to depend on the Hilton.

Sandy

Hi LCTC

Be sure and check out the roll call on this cruise it is getting very active. In answer to your post.. I am on the same cruise and decided to go with the Princess Pre & Post hotels with transfers just in case this North Korea situation gets out of hand it would be less to keep track of cancelling ...If you google Osaka Japan there is a great official tourist site with some really good information on local transport costs .. the official Osaka site .. sorry I don't have the URL

• 4 weeks later...
A very timely post...We'll be disembarking as you embark and I just finished e-mailing the Hilton Osaka and was able to arrange a hotel car and driver to pick us up at the Tempozan Cruise Terminal and deliver us to the hotel. The cost is 9000JPY = $77US.

Their e-mail address is frontdeskmanagers.osaka@hilton.com

Put Attn: Bell Captain desk. (I dealt with Masaru Honda at the Bell Captain desk). Include your name and hotel reservation # and the time you want to depart for the Cruise Terminal. They were very prompt in their reply. They said the Cruise Terminal was about 1/2 hour from the hotel.

I contacted another transport company (MK-taxi) but they were somewhat vague... wanted us to call them if they weren't there to pick us up. They wanted $11US less than the Hilton but we'll be able to depend on the Hilton.

Sandy

Hi Sandy

I sent email to Hilton and their price for the car is 3,220 which is 5 times greater than your quote. Can you provide more information regarding your booking.

lctc

ICTC... They are sending a 4 seater sedan car, which they said would be "comfortable" for the 2 of us and our 2 large bags and 2 carry-on rollys.

Perhaps there are more of you or you have more luggage. I was very specific as to the amount of luggage we would have, that there were only 2 of us, and the time we wanted to be picked up, etc. I also provided our Hilton Osaka reservation #. We are staying on the executive level but I doubt that would get us a lower price.

Sandy

• 1 month later...
ICTC... They are sending a 4 seater sedan car, which they said would be "comfortable" for the 2 of us and our 2 large bags and 2 carry-on rollys.

Perhaps there are more of you or you have more luggage. I was very specific as to the amount of luggage we would have, that there were only 2 of us, and the time we wanted to be picked up, etc. I also provided our Hilton Osaka reservation #. We are staying on the executive level but I doubt that would get us a lower price.

Sandy

Sandy,

The time is getting closer and I still have not gotton a price anywhere close to yours. Can you reconfirm your price and give me the name of the person who confirmed that price. There are only 2 of us with 3 suitcases. I do not think that 1 case would make that much of a difference.

Thanks

lctc

ICTC... I called the Osaka Hilton on the telephone and spoke to someone at the front desk. Before she (I didn't get her name) gave me the e-mail address (in post #2), she asked my name and reservation # (which she looked up while I was on the phone with her). She said she would inform the bell captain's desk that I would be e-mailing re: transport service.

Sandy

ICTC... I called the Osaka Hilton on the telephone and spoke to someone at the front desk. Before she (I didn't get her name) gave me the e-mail address (in post #2), she asked my name and reservation # (which she looked up while I was on the phone with her). She said she would inform the bell captain's desk that I would be e-mailing re: transport service.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

What happen with your email? Did they confirm your original price? If so can you forward your email to me. lubaandtony@msn.com

Hi there. I live right near the cruise port and I believe a taxi from the Hilton (Umeda) would be no more than 4,000yen. Depending on traffic and the route the driver decides to take it can vary in price slightly. Sorry if I'm off a little but I think I read someone said they were quoted around 70$ and that's way higher than I think it should be. The taxis (starting around 640yen) should be waiting out the front of your hotel. Hope that helped you. If you need any other advice on Osaka just write your questions and I'd be more than happy to try and help you out!

MelInJapan,

We're thinking of taking a wagon taxi (if it fits all 4 passengers AND 5 check-in luggage) from Tempozan Terminal to Shinsaibashi Comfort Hotel on Oct.14, Saturday early morning. Do you know how to book a wagon taxi there in advance? On Oct.16 noon, from our hotel to Kansai Airport, we plan to take the taxi to Namba Station and catch the OCAT 880 yen airport bus (as the other 1,300 yen airport shuttle KATE from Hotel Riva leaves at 10:00am). We don't want to take the train because of all the luggage. Do you know any Osaka private wagon/van operator to ride us to KIX for 10,000 yen or less?

Hey Im just trying to think what the easiest way is. I honestly can't remember seeing any wagan taxis, however there could be and I just haven't noticed. I have a phone number to a taxi service but it's toll free within Japan. I can try to get you a local number tomorrow though. I could suggest though that you could take two taxis for just about 3,000yen each to Shinsaibashi Comfort Hotel on a Saturday morning. It's not cheap but I suppose it does only work out to about $15 each person (so somewhat similar to the airport bus). As far as the Shinsaibashi to Aiport taxiing. Hmmm, I'd say you wont get anything for 10,000yen for 4 people and all that luggage. It's not ideal having to go to OCAT but you are right that's the best option, as far as I can see. I did a search for some taxi numbers and here is a site I found but am not sure how accurate or to date: http://www.infotaxi.org/city-2171.htm Hope that helps you a bit.

MelInJapan,

We're thinking of taking a wagon taxi (if it fits all 4 passengers AND 5 check-in luggage) from Tempozan Terminal to Shinsaibashi Comfort Hotel on Oct.14, Saturday early morning. Do you know how to book a wagon taxi there in advance? On Oct.16 noon, from our hotel to Kansai Airport, we plan to take the taxi to Namba Station and catch the OCAT 880 yen airport bus (as the other 1,300 yen airport shuttle KATE from Hotel Riva leaves at 10:00am). We don't want to take the train because of all the luggage. Do you know any Osaka private wagon/van operator to ride us to KIX for 10,000 yen or less?

Oh just a helpful link for anyone coming to Osaka. This is a really great website for figuring out train/airline times and costs and different routes you can take absolutely anywhere throughout Japan! I use it all the time and it's awesome. It's: http://www.hyperdia.com Just click on ENGLISH on the left side and then you fill in the blanks. Very straightforward. If you get an error it could be one of these two things I have come across. Try either "m" or "n" - ie. NAMBA but it's NANBA (but both ways to spell it really is ok, but not on the website) and then also don't put spaces - ie. UNIVERSAL CITY but it's UNIVERSALCITY. You can even put in for example that you want to arrive at Ueno (station) in Tokyo at 5:45pm and that your starting point is Shinsaibashi (station) in Osaka and it will tell you exactly what time you need to get on the train at Shinsaibashi, with all the transfers in between, for you to arrive not a minute late in Tokyo! Can't get any better than that! Hope this can come in handy for some of you organising your trip to Osaka!

Archived