welcome SUN 620

suexxx

HI Melmark, Keith61 and any one else from our cruise family. Welcome home. Did you all have a great time? Were your cabins,food weather ect ok? Once you all have settled pleaseeee post reviews and photos. AS the SUN is heading for dry-dock we need our fix of news. I know we can look at other ships but their not OUR SUN. suexxx:)

Hi Suexx

well what a cruise, for my first cruise I did not know what to expect. The food was good, most staff were excellent and the cabins good. The weather was cloudy most days but we had a sunny day when in Oveau - which was great. I found Noumea unattractive and slumish, Villa good for duty free spirits, Lamen Bay ok and Oveau very nice.

Found the most staff excellent our Dinner team was nothing short of perfect with great service and that personal touch. Our cabin team was also excellent with a great attitude and very clean cabins each day. The only staff that need an attitude adjustmnet would be the breakfast team in the restaurant which seemed to be unfriendly and non interactive - which was the complete opposite to the majority of staff.

The food was very good in the restaurant and the buffet area was alos quite good for Breakfast and lunch. The highlight would have to be the Isalnd night which was fantastic and the entertainment was excellent throughout the cruise with Bingo and Sea Horse racing a favorite. The nightly enterainment was also good with the ships dancers performing great shows. We also had a comdian / magician - he was great and kept the kids enterained on their nights as well. We had Ulgy Dave Gray on the ship - his show was probably better enjoyed by the OLDER passengers.

The Cruise Director Demo was also very good and his team of Kevin and Sandy were great and intreacted well with the crowds.

My only dissappointment of the cruise was the cancellation of the childrens dining. This meant that for the first 4 nights it was just like being at home and stressing out over the kids at dinner. After Night 4 they came to their senses and allowed a separate dining for children (5.30pm)but that meant we were late to our dinner sitting by 40 mins because kids club did not open till 6.45pm, but it was better than the first 4 nights!

I must say my overall rating out of 10 would be an 8. Looking forward to my next cruise sometime next year - hopefully!

Hi Melmark. Sounds like a good 1st cruise for you all. I agree with you re children should have seperate dinning. It must have been a treat for you to dine childless.What deck and cabin did you have? Did you go to sailaway even though it was sooooo late. I looked at cruisecam mid evening and the sight of all the lights was awesome. I couldn't stay up for sailaway. Was it warm enough for you all to go swimming on the ship and at ports? Did you buy lots of goodies? Hope you have some photos for us to see, when you have time to put them on the site. Did you hear what they are going to do to the SUN at drydock. Just looked at cruisecam . She is in Brisbane and all the lights are on and looks great, Can see people who I guess must be staff. Anyway welcome home. Suexxx:)

Archived