Fascination being updated

jamon

I've heard that the Fascination is being brought in to undergo a pretty extensive overhaul of its cabins and lounges. Does anyone know whether this is true or not, and when it will happen. I plan on being on it in December and was just wondering.

Hi Jamon:

I thought her drydock was supposed to be in March or April 2006? I've asked on these boards if anyone knows if that was the case, or what chages they've noted but thus far haven't gotten a reply. When are you sailing? DH, kids and I are sailing her 12/11/06.

Vanessa

Does anyone know for sure? We are considering a November sailing . . . would be great if this is true. I think I had read somewhere a while ago she was scheduled for a drydock in September, but don't quote me on that. There was a website somewhere that had a drydock schedule, but I couldn't find it.

Anyone?

There was a website somewhere that had a drydock schedule, but I couldn't find it.

Anyone?

Does anyone know what this site is? I'm hoping that someone "in the know" will come out of the closet and let us know if the Fascination has been drydocked yet or not and if so, what changes have been made? And if not, when is she scheduled?

Here is what I found on dry docks for Carnival:

2006 Dry Dock Schedule

Carnival Glory: Jan 7 - Jan 21

Elation: Jan 8 - Jan 29

Carnival Spirit: Jan 27 - Feb 12

Fascination: April 21 - May 26

Imagination: Sept 2 - Oct 5

Carnival Victory: Oct 22 - Nov 5

Carnival Pride: Dec 3 - Dec 17

It looks like the Fascination was done earlier in the year.

Northrop/Grumman's Newport News shipbuilding and repair yard facility is where at least SOME of Carnival's ships are drydocked. I've seen photos on

the Newport News site of the Paradise in drydock, having work done on the

Azipod propulsion units.

You think these ships are big in the water? They're even BIGGER when seen in a drydock and those ants crawling around on it turn out to be men.

Chris

The Fascination will be in drydock from early September to early October.

NRWO, CruzVinnie's post notes that the Fascination's drydock was due this past Spring (which is when I thought I'd read it was going to be done) but you are indicating that it is not until this fall. Where are you getting your information from? Is there anyway to find this out? If I call CCL will they give me this info over the phone?

I did a booking search for the Fascination in September through October on the Carnival website. The last cruise ends on September 4th and then the next booking date starts October 9th. So indeed it looks like she'll be in dry dock between those dates.

Here is what I found on dry docks for Carnival:

2006 Dry Dock Schedule

Carnival Glory: Jan 7 - Jan 21

Elation: Jan 8 - Jan 29

Carnival Spirit: Jan 27 - Feb 12

Fascination: April 21 - May 26

Imagination: Sept 2 - Oct 5

Carnival Victory: Oct 22 - Nov 5

Carnival Pride: Dec 3 - Dec 17

It looks like the Fascination was done earlier in the year.

I also think this schedule has changed. At least I HOPE it has!! :eek: We are booked on the Pride 12/3/06-12/10/06.

Just came off the fasc. two weeks ago and she has not been touched atruim smells like urine the lounge in back smells and the pools are still rusted. hand rails are bare wood this ship really needs alot of work along with there training staff since this ship trains alot of wait staff. cruise director was ok but never seen.

hope this helps..........

going on pride for the second time in feb. hopefully she's looking good.

Joe

Archived