anyone stayed at comfort inn in seabrook, tx

Since I live in the area, I haven't stayed there, but, if I'm thinking about the correct place, it's fairly new and the area is good. There is also a Holiday Inn-Express in that area. Just remember that these motels are

15-20 minutes east on NASA Parkway from I-45. This area is, however, close to the Kemah Boardwalk recreational area and NASA/JSC if you have some extra time.

The La Quinta is brand new and very convenient to I-45. Yes, you will be approximately midway between Houston and Galveston and you are only +/-2 blocks off I-45 on Bay Area Blvd. From your hotel to the port will be an easy 30 minute freeway drive through several small towns and across the causeway into Galveston. In fact, you'll get to the the cutoff to the cruise port (street called Port Industrial) before you get into the city of Galveston.

There are several good, inexpensive restaurants within a block or two of the La Quinta - Zio's, Angelo's and Carrabba's for Italian, a "Benihana"-type Japanese steak house, Jason's deli (soups/salads/sandwiches - and the biggest baked potato ever), B.J.'s Brewery/Restaurant, and Ninfa's for the original Mexican fajitas and great margueritas. Hey, I'm hungry - Ninfa's here I come!

Archived