Change cabin after final payment

happycruise

I booked a BD on Crown for Sept trip. My final payment was due two weeks ago and today I found out all balcony price go down to be same as I have paid for BD. Ask my TA to see if princess allow me to upgrade to BA on Carbi for bigger balcony. Have anyone experience this situation and will Princess allow it? Thanks.

You can give it a try, but normally the price specials after final payment are for 'new bookings only'. But since you are just trying to go to a different cabin in the same type layout, it might be possible.

At least worth a try.

Sorry, once a passenger is inside of their final payment date there is NO flexibility to rebook if rates should drop. It seems the previously booked passenger is unlikely to get any rebate or consideration of any kind if Princess chooses to lower the cost on a sailing that they're previously booked on. Certainly if the price drop occurred before final payment is due the passengers can cancel, without penalty, and rebook at the lower price.

I tried, failed.....bummmmer.....

Thanks for the quick response. My TA just email me that they are working with Princess to see if they will allow the upgrade. Keeping my finger cross. The reason I asking is because before the final payment I hint my TA that I would like to upgrade to mini-suite if the price drop and would paid the difference, he said will work even after final payment...

happycruisey - I think you will get lucky.

I just remembered. After I made my final payment, I received an upgrade. From BD mid-ship to a BB forward Caribe.

I turned it down since I wanted to keep the original stateroom.

I would like to upgrade to mini-suite if the price drop and would paid the difference, he said will work even after final payment...
Only in unusual cases can this can be done. Generally, Princess does not allow you to rebook your cabin after final payments if you see a good price on a higher category of cabin.

Archived