empress of the seas

can someone tell me about this ship? i was on it twice when it was the nordic empress but have not been on it since the remodel. if you had a choice to take it would you? would you not? would you take the grandeur or the empress preferably? why?

We cruised on the Empress last August. Very well kept in very good condition. We prefer the larger, voyager class ships and the promenade and also 7 day or longer! cruises. The cruise we took on the empress was only a 4 day.

Grandeur was great but I am also curious about the Empress as it will be embarking in Norfolk next year. Grandeur was a real treat as i was not expecting much going on a lot of what was said on these boards. Go and enjoy, no matter which one you pick!:)

We love the Empress. We sailed her 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary in Dec. 2004 and will sail it again in Nov. 2007. She is a wonderful little ship with a great friendly crew.

I have done RCCL ships from the Viking Serenade, the Adventure, the Brilliance, the Enchantment and on down to the Empress. (some of them more than once) I do love the Adventure size with the Promenade, but my favorite is the Empress and her great itinerary. ;)

We did an 11 night this past April. I can't say enough good things about the Empress. I have been on Voyager class ships and was totally convinced that I wouldn't like the Empress as much. Boy, was I wrong. Our cabin was around the corner and down the hall from the dining room. It was so convenient to just get dressed and walk down the hall to dinner. The ship is beautiful, clean and very well maintained. If someone forced me to find fault I could only say that the public restrooms on the Lido deck were a bit dated and showed some wear but everything else was fantastic!

I'm going on the Empress in a few weeks. I've been on the Granduer but a different itenerary. If I was comparing the 2 for Bermuda, I would discount the Granduer because there are fewer days in port and it costs about the same. Sure the rooms are tiny but I don't care. It means I'll spend less time there. :D I'm going for the itenerary more than anything else.

We have cruised on this ship 6 times. So that tells you enough how much we like her. You need to do alot of research reading on this ship before you go, it has small cabins, real small bathrooms, it does not have all the extras as the big ships do. What they do have is a personal touch with the customer. The crewmembers go above and beyond their actual jobs. If you are looking for a ship that is going to keep you busy from morning to night, this is not the ship for you. There is enough to keep you busy, but it is a more laid back cruise atmosphere. It is a very well kept ship. Hope this helps you.

Beautiful little ship. But go to the Just off empress 7-1 thread started by Terry in NJ We were just on her and had a few complaints.

Don't let that deter you though. she is a wonderful ship and the staff is great. Have fun !!!

If you have any specific questions let me know since I was just on her last week its still fresh in my mind.

I was on her last Sept. & would go again in a minute! Rooms are smaller, but then I've only sailed on Sov. & Majesty so it was about the same for me.

I loved all the the little sitting areas on the different floors where you could curl up in a comfy chair & watch the ocean go by outside & the people go by on the inside.

Archived