The good, the bad, and the ugly :(

I have thought about a reduction, but with maybe a babie in the future, I don't want to do any sort of surgury just yet. I have also though about just having them "scooped" out and saline put in. That way they wouldn't be so heavy, but they'd still be the size I've become accustomed too, rather DH has become accustomed to:D

I have thought about a reduction, but with maybe a babie in the future, I don't want to do any sort of surgury just yet. I have also though about just having them "scooped" out and saline put in. That way they wouldn't be so heavy, but they'd still be the size I've become accustomed too, rather DH has become accustomed to:D

My BF's sister had the reduction a few yrs ago at age 45 (as I think I already mentioned before). Her DH LIKES the new ones - said something like HE's got "access" to a 20-yr old's chest without having to deal with a 20 yr old. :eek: (It sounded better when she told us what he said - basically it was a compliment & it was funny! :rolleyes: )

You're right tho, if you want to have kids (and breast feed) reduction right now might not be a good idea. I know doctors these days have a good success rate with reductions that will still allow a woman to breastfeed, but it does make the surgery more complicated. Plus, if you are going to be pregnant & breastfeed, your chest will expand & contract with the weight gained & lost, & the milk, etc. Some women's chests actually get a little smaller after the whole pregnancy breastfeeding thing, others get a little larger, some get saggier. You don't know til it happens to you.

My opinion - Why go thru the whole expense & "trauma" of elective surgery NOW, just to not be pleased with what they look like after you have a baby?

Sha

Hi Gang, I can't imagine why I never found this site before. Sha your right about the weight loss affecting our girls but I think I could throw mine over my shoulders and tie them in a knot. One of the reasons I'm losing weight is to move into the middle 150's and have these puppies reduced. I have lost inches around my back but the girls are still DD's. I'm about 40DD now. They were okay when I was younger but as I gained so did they. Now if I don't wear a bra there somewhere around my bell button (Too much information? ) Truly do feel they are the good bad and ugly. And they are always in the friggin way, I have a exercise bra that looks like body armor. So I will continue trying to lose weight and see where it comes off from.

Dianne;)

Yeah - I know what you mean - the word "sag" is such an understatement! :eek: If I can just get on track again & get to 140 and STAY THERE for about 1 yr, I would seriously consider a tummy tuck & some breast "work" - don't know if "reduction" is the right word - at that point it will just be a lot of extra skin to be removed - YES, I know - TMI (too much information! :p )

Sha

Thanks for the thoughts on checking the catalog - I always forget to do that. Enjoy your tap classes - you will have a blast!! Just make sure to stretch afterwards.

Will people with small boobs (smaller than B) start to sag if they sleep on their stomachs? I cant imagine sleeping on my back - but the last thing I need is saggy small boobs!

Oprah last week had a workout bra on that people seems to swear by. Check her website for more info.

Just found this thread....our poor girls try so hard to be perky and then one day it's all over !!

To those of you with small boobs who wish they were bigger...I was a 32A until pregnancy...then they "blossomed" and have stayed that way ever since..at first I liked the bust increase but now I'd prefer to be 32A again...cooler in the summer, tank tops look great, no stretch marks....

Someone told me once that if you can get a pencil under your boobs, you're overweight...sheesh, now I can get the whole dang tree under there !!! LOL

I just found this thread. I am sitting here laughing. I have big breast. I always have. In highschool I weighed 115 and i wore a D cup. When Iturned 18 I gained weight and went up and down for years. Last year I started weight watchers I was a 40DD probaly bigger but I sqeezed into those. I have lost 47.5 pounds now i am a 38D. I still need to lose more, but I dont think I will ever get below a D cup. I have considered breast reduction but I want to lose the weght first. Also dont have a reduction unless you are done having kids.My friend had a reduction 5 years ago and she just had her first child in November. She has lost all of the weght she gained but her breast did not go back down or should i say up:rolleyes:

Archived