Need sweater at night on ship?

I usually tend to be on the cooler side, and I was wondering how dinner was at night? Would I need to bring a jacket or sweater or will I be fine. Do they usually keep the air really cool on the ship?

and it is never too warm; the ladies, bless them, always complain (some of them, before I get flamed) of being too cold as they sit there in a strapless or sleevless dress and the poor guys are coat and tie. the newer the ship, the better the a/c works and therefore the "colder" it is. bring a couple of sweaters!:)

I have always needed a sweater or a light jacket out on the decks at night.. the wind is quite cool on those very windy decks at night. and the AC seems extra cold at night to me.. I tend to chill very easily, but on the other hand I cannot stand the heat.. (get nauseated and ill in the heat) but yet I still sail to carib.. go figure.. Oh well, I certainly will not die, I seek out shady spots and AC'd excursions when ever possible :)

I know .. I just can't get right :eek:

But we have a great time nonethe less.. and you will as well... enjoy!:)

After having a bad experience on one ship where the ac was full blast all the time, I now always take a sweater. Sometimes, I don't need it but it is good to know I have it, just in case. I've also noticed that bad sunburns always make me extremely sensitive to the ac. I have a light, black sweater that always fits in my over-packed luggage.

and it is never too warm; the ladies, bless them, always complain (some of them, before I get flamed) of being too cold as they sit there in a strapless or sleevless dress and the poor guys are coat and tie. the newer the ship, the better the a/c works and therefore the "colder" it is. bring a couple of sweaters!:)

leoandhugh.....I'm one of the cold ladies!!!! I can't for the life of me understand why womens formal wear consists of sleevless/strapless gowns while as you say the men are in coats, long sleeves, ties, ect.... I always take a wrap but, a wool jacket would usually feel better.:D

leaoandhugh, this lady won't be flaming you.....imo its never cool enough for me, so no sweaters for me.

I completely agree, I have yet to find a ship where I am not cold. So I tend to bring a wrap for formal nights, a sweater for other evenings & one for the daytime as it's cool then too & lots of times I'll go in the dinng room for lunch or pop in a lounge for a port talk or something & be cold there.

PS...love the idea of a wool coat for formal night.

Archived