Eastern vs Western

woohoo4ue

I did a search on this, but didn't find much info. I'm looking to book another cruise! I've done the western route twice, and want to book the eastern, but I'm apprehensive. I've read that the eastern route is really laid back. We like adventure and fun, fun, fun. We are both 24. Would you rec'd the eastern for us? If so, which islands? Also, what is the weather like on the eastern and western routes in December?

Thanks!

There is still plenty to do on Eastern cruises...I've noticed that the Eastern excursions are mostly water related...sailing, scuba, snorkeling, etc...Whereas the Western excursions have more land-based activities.

We like the land-based activities, but we really wanted to do Eastern this time...to see what is there. We found a horseback riding excursion in St Thomas we will take, and a trolley with shopping in St Maarten. Looks like mostly we'll be shopping and relaxing this time around...a little different than flying through the rainforest on zip lines!! What a RUSH!

We are going on the eastern iten that includes Gran Turk. They are adding new excursions to this stop. Now, they have a Jeep 4X4, an Aqua Boat excursion and a Bike and Hike tour. If you look, there are some excursions that are more active than just the snorkel, beach break stuff thats the norm.

On Half Moon Cay you can rent a kayak, sailboat, or waterbike. They also offer parasailing. Don't sign up for the jetski tour - it's basically follow the leader and you have to go as slow as the slowest person on the tour.

In Nassau there is a lot of the calmer stuff offered - beach breaks and walking tours. But, they offer a power boat excursion, a party boat, and a treasure hunt/snorkel.

If you look on Carnival's website you can search Eastern Carib on the Excursions and pick different ports to look for something that interests you. Hope this helps!

I have been both routes and I like them both. The Western has GREAT snorkeling - But the Eastern allows you to go to beautiful ports like St. Thomas and St. John and the snorkeling there is great too (as are the beautiful views).

You like the land and I prefer the sea activities, so you may want to check out Carnival's website and the ports of calls boards as I can only suggest snorkeling because that is all I do when I go cruising!

Is there any semblance of a reef here? Do people just go here to see naked people? Or is the beach THAT pretty? :confused:

No Reef. But there are waves. The Beach has Mountains on both sides. Plus there is many activities.

Re Nude people: Most of the beach is topless. The nude part is on the Southern end. The Beach is THAT pretty.The nudity is minor.

Archived