Tubing questions?

echo

We are going to Belize in Jan. Haven't decided who to use yet but have a few questions.

Is the water cold in early Jan?

Is Jan, dry or wet season, I wondered if the water was low or high?

OK, I'm what you'd call a big girl, is my butt gonna fit in the tube? Of course I guess that question is relevant as to how big my booty is. lol. But has anyone else had this experience.

I'm not real thrilled with the idea of locking my feet under someone armpits if we go with Yhonni, will we stay like this the whole time?

Thanks ahead of time.

We went with Yhonni last September and loved it. I'm a big gal too - in fact, wouldn't even wear a swim suit - wore a t-shirt and peddle-pusher length pants. The tubes are big - no problem with fitting in it and in my opinion - once you are going on the river it won't be any big deal to have your feet hooked under the person in front of you and it didn't bother me to have someones hooked under mine. It is so crazy fun - we were laughing the whole time. I loved going the extra way and tunnels with Yhonni and even jumped off the ledge into the water at the beginning. Don't fret - you will enjoy it and have a great time.

Thanks Gray. Are you interlocked the whole time? Maybe I'll wear a T-shirt over my suit just cause of the arm pit thing. That'll make me feel alittle better. So you did the 12' jump? I'm thinking about that.

I think they want you to try to stay interlocked through the caves - it is really dark! We didn't always stay interlocked though - we weren't too coordinated in our efforts to stay together and go straight and kept getting turned around - making V-shapes in our supposed to be long line - we were bad! We were laughing so much at ourselves. I think the interlocking of legs is their way of keeping track of their clients and keep them safe. After you are out of the caves and on down the rest of the way, we were separate.

I am going again in October with my sisters and a few friends - all of us are over 53 - one as old as 74 who is very healthy. It's a 30 minute or so trek through the jungle carrying the tubes - not really a hard walk - very interesting - a few climbs - and then you have the choice of just walking into the water and getting on your tube or jumping off the ledge. I jumped and hollered the whole way down. Geranimo!!!! It was great! My son & daughter-in-law thought I was crazy - this old grandma doing that. My husband didn't do it and he is younger. Do the jump! You have to climb over a ledge to get to the edge to jump - but if I can do it - you can!

Archived