Safes on the Summit

stampincruiser

These are pretty typical hotel style safes.

You can select your own numeric code to punch in - or I think you can use any credit card - but not 100% sure about the later as we haven't done this. Whatever code or card you use to close must be used to open as well - so the code/card settings are set new with each closing.

They are on a closet shelf and are not huge. You'll have room for wallets, passports and such - and jewelry if it isn't in a large case. But no room for larger items such as a laptop computer or a large handbag.

They have a number pad. You put in your own code. Not sure how many inches it was, but it had two shelves - plenty big enough to hold our passports, spare money, jewelry, etc.

They have a number pad. You put in your own code. Not sure how many inches it was, but it had two shelves - plenty big enough to hold our passports, spare money, jewelry, etc.

Mine didn't have two shelves!

No shelves in the safe. Your select four numbers for the combination. I've always felt very secure with them, and leave the ship with wallets, jewelry, credit cards, passports, car keys and the like, all in the safe. Plenty of room,

Bruce

No shelves in the safe. Your select four numbers for the combination. I've always felt very secure with them, and leave the ship with wallets, jewelry, credit cards, passports, car keys and the like, all in the safe. Plenty of room,

Bruce

One thing, though. Make SURE you hold the door shut until it's completely locked. A couple of times, I set the combination and left the room, then came back to find the door wide open. It turns out that if you let go while it's locking, the door can just swing open. Nothing was taken and no harm was done.

Archived