Teens on Crown

heywhatsup

I had a 15 and 16 year old last week on the Crown. The Teen Center was pretty good and they enjoyed it. Make sure you sign them up at the beginning so they can participate in activities(not obligated to do anything but still must be signed up in advance).

They hooked up a Playstation to the MUTS system so kids could try Guitar Hero.... Lots of fun. There is a delay so the came is harder but some kids got the hang of it. This was the thing my kids liked the best.

The staff was very good in the teen center as well. I wish I could say the same for other parts of the staff.

The Crown schedules have a lot of sea days so get creative in advance to thinkl of things they can do. We were at sea on 6 of 9 days(missed Grand Turk) and the kids were getting bored.

Pools were fun but VERY crowded. I think Crown should have 1 pool designated as a teen pool. No little kids and no cranky adults. There were 2 adult pools that were mostly empty. I say give one up for the teens.

My teens, aged 14 and 16, have learned that they have the best cruises if they get involved with the Teen Center program right away. It is now part of our getting on board ritual to find the Youth Advisor as we are getting on board (they are always there handing out schedules and such), and my kids are told that they are responsible for getting the appropriate paperwork to us for our signature so they can hang out in the Teen Center. They really enjoy hanging out at the center and meeting new friends froma ll over the country and the world. They also tell me that it is important to be at the first social event (normally that first evening) as they like meeting everyone when everyone is new on board.

I am also traveling with teens ages 13 and 17 on the 8/25 cruise. I called and asked how many teens will be on the ship in that age group. They said there is 250 so far. I hope that they are right.

My family and I are also going on the same cruise Two of my 3 boys are almost 13 and 16. What really caught my eye on your post is your name. Mine is Terryanne too (with an "e")! Thought I was the only one in the entire universe with same name. Join the roll call! It's a warm and welcoming group of people.

See you on the cruise!:)

I am also traveling with teens ages 13 and 17 on the 8/25 cruise. I called and asked how many teens will be on the ship in that age group. They said there is 250 so far. I hope that they are right.

Here's the link for our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=178011. We're up to 17 pages so far!! I'm not traveling with any teens myself, but I did notice quite a few on our list...

He Terryanne,

Terry Ann is my nickname, my real name is Theresa. But I don't think anyone knows that.

I read that there is a meet and greet for teens and parents. Do you know anything about that.

I signned up for roll call looking forward to meeting everyone

Terry

Heres a question, on all our other non Princess cruises by request we were able to de-activate the kids card (that is not link a charge card to it). Reason why, son lost card so many times I would be nervous about charges on it especially by some other kids that may find the lost card. (Son refuses to wear the neck lanyard - this is not an option) I been reading that they want the kids to have active cards. Has anyone been able to leave the charge card off a teens or childs card on Princess? He dosn't even drink soda (only water) so we never get him a soda card so there is really no reason to have an active card anyway;

Archived