Maj. of the Sea or Sov. of the Sea/dinner in the windjammer

skyw

I ate in there one night on the Sovereign and I thought it was good. It looked like there were things that were offered in the dining room (and other options). The only bad thing is that most people eat with their eyes first, and since you don't get the pretty presentation like you do in the dining room it can be alittle disappointing. (But then you get over it and eat anyways :p )

For me the food on Sovereign in the windjammer was some of the least appealing I have had. We enjoy eating in the Windjammer a couple of nights during our cruise. However, we tried it once on SOS and was not impressed. But that was just us and we are wrong alot.

On our 4nt Sovereign Cruise this past May we opted to go casual and did not eat in the dining room except one morning which left alot to be desired (eggs were cold, toast overdone). We ate all of our meals in the Windjammer and were treated like royalty, each night the head waiter and chef came over to our table to see if everything was okay. The food was the same that was in the dining room nightly and we were surprised to see so many passengers who opted for the buffet. IMHO it is the only way to go on a short cruise if you do not want to be relaxed and casual....No rush, no fuss! Oh since we went casual we carried on our luggage, so we were first off the ship too....Later, Jill:cool:

I agree. On Sovereign 4/10 cruise we ate in Windjammer all meals except 2 dinners. I liked the choices, especially the salads and fruit. Some of the food was the same as the dining room. Thought the quality was good. But I'm not a picky eater. JMHO

prefer the SOS over the MOS, the SOS has the new style windjammer, which the MOS will not get until her drydock in Jan Feb. The new style, like the later Voyager class, is different islands with a Jade section, instead of the usual buffet line

We ate in the Windjammer every night of a four-night cruise on Majesty of the Seas. I have no complaints at all. We got to know a few waiters very well and tipped them at the end of the cruise. I don't think they get many tips in the WJ and they do deserve it.

I'm not a big gourmet, so maybe my food expectations are not what other folks have, but I do love good veggies and curries. I never felt that there wasn't something yummy to enjoy. Besides the WJ is very quiet at night.

We plan to sail Majesty again after her refurb and we will be in the WJ every night again. Having Jade will make it even better. We loved the Jade on Freedom of the Seas.

IMHO the Windjammer on the SOS is not as good as the other ships. Breakfast was not good at all. Food was cold. Lunch was basically the same each day with a few changes. Dinner was ok but again not up to what I have experienced on the other ships. You won't go hungry though.

Archived