registered for the australia cruises in nov 2007

seabourndt

i just love these rennaissance type ships, there are so many of them. have you done oceania before, i have not no too happy to find no shares or singles at double the fare. have done minerva 2 which princess is buying and am fdoing 2 cruises on her as the ROYAL PRINCESS in apr and nov so hope there are other cruises in dec 2007. i went on the FUNCHAL last year top auistralia but we onl made it to agypt where where we were flown from. my friends are trying it again this year, good luck to them, as they have the novovirus on here. they live i melbourne which i love and would like to see them again. nz is a place inwant to visit too

dave

i just love these rennaissance type ships, there are so many of them. have you done oceania before, i have not no too happy to find no shares or singles at double the fare. have done minerva 2 which princess is buying and am fdoing 2 cruises on her as the ROYAL PRINCESS in apr and nov so hope there are other cruises in dec 2007. i went on the FUNCHAL last year top auistralia but we onl made it to agypt where where we were flown from. my friends are trying it again this year, good luck to them, as they have the novovirus on here. they live i melbourne which i love and would like to see them again. nz is a place inwant to visit too

dave

FYI all trans-Atlantic are at only 125% that may be a good way to try Oceania..

Jan

anyone any idea where she will be goinbg as they are not releasing them until sept

dave

Has it been announced that "O" will be having cruises to Australia for certain?

A few days ago I received an e-mail from an Oceania cruiser who just got off a Regatta reunion cruise with an Oceania "official" on board. The official addressed the passengers and indicated that the Nautica would be sailing in late 2007 from Singapore on a 19-day cruise to Sydney; then a Sydney to Auckland and Auckland to Sydney cruise. I really don't want to go into any additional details that he sent, as I'm not sure how "official" this really is. He did indicate that it would be September 2006 before the details are released and bookings will be made.

Mike

It was the Insignia reunion cruise and yes an announcement was made about 4 cruises that Nautica would make in the fall of 2007 and early 2008 for Australia and New Zealand ports of call. It was a senior executive of Oceania who made the presentation on the next to last day of our cruise. He announced the ports of call quickly and there were no written handouts. It is expected that the information will be out in September of this year.

Hello, have this info from my TA who was on the Insignia when this was announced. There will be 4 Nautica Cruises to Australia and New Zealand. Dec. 22,2007, 18day cruise from Singapore to Sydney, including Bali, Komodo, Darwin, Thursday Islands, Queensland and Brisbane, Jan 9,08, 15 day cruise from Sydney to Auckland, Melbourne, Hobart, Dunedin and christchurch. Jan 24 is same cruise in reverse. 4th cruise, 21 days from Sydney to Bangkok beginning Feb 8th

Larablair,

Thanks for the info! Mike Brill and I spoke about Oceania going to Australia when we did the Beijing to Hong Kong cruise in March with our respective spouses. So, Mike, are you and Carol interested? We were planning on going to Egypt and Jordan in November or December 2007, but with the latest news out of the Middle East, I just nixed that vacation.

Sheila

We'll probably book the Singapore to Sydney 12/22/07 cruise - ports look awesome! Our son, Adam, just returned from 3 weeks in Bali, and that alone is enought to convince us! Since we're doing Holland America's Statendam Auckland to Sydney 12/22/06, we'll probably skip a back-to-back and return home after the Nautica arrives in Sydney.

I've been in contact with Les and Daryl, and they're seriously considering joining us. Hope you and Irwin will as well.

Mike

We've plunked down our names for a B2B - Jan 9th Sydney to Auckland and returning Jan 24th Auckland back to Sydney. We've been waiting for a cruise to Australia - New Zealand for a long time - and Mr. FDR delivered!!

:)

We've plunked down our names for a B2B - Jan 9th Sydney to Auckland and returning Jan 24th Auckland back to Sydney. We've been waiting for a cruise to Australia - New Zealand for a long time - and Mr. FDR delivered!!

Out of curiousity, with whom did you "plunk down your names"?? Heck - Oceania hasn't even "officially" announced these itineraries.

Mike

We would be very interested in the 1-8-08 Sydney to Auckland, or the 1-24-08 Auckland to Sydney cruise.

I'm sure sis-in-law and hubby would be interested also. (They went with us on Regatta into the Baltic, 8-05, and loved the small ship experience.)

just curious, don't you think they are the same cruise in reverse? :rolleyes:

just curious, don't you think they are the same cruise in reverse? :rolleyes:

I would assume so - even though I understand thr ports of call are not yet firmed up. However, we have done S.E. Asia before, so Singapore - Bangkok - et al are of no interest. However, since Australia - N.Z. are new, I would not mind getting a second chance at certain ports - or perhaps better weather the second time around. Just a thought - and as usual, all is subject to change.....

Dick

we will have wonderful weather the first time around.. we will have wonderful weather the first time, around..we will have wonderful weather the first time around:D

lol

this itiny ( whatever it is going to be) will be great..very excited to be doing this cruise on O..finally

Out of curiousity, with whom did you "plunk down your names"?? Heck - Oceania hasn't even "officially" announced these itineraries.

Our TA was kind enough to call us and let us know about these cruises. We acknowleged our interest and TA stated our particular cabin choice would be among the first to be booked and indicated that the moment the cruises are released they should be able to procur the exact cabin we desire without having to consult with us then. I only recently hooked up with this TA so I was presently surprised by the call.

I'm so confident of going on this cruise that I have added it to my signature. Just another reason why TA's are the best way to go!!!

OCEANIA CRUISES will make its debut in the waters off Australia and New Zealand in January 2008. According to executive vice president Bob Binder, who revealed the plans to passengers on Oceania's recent Club Reunion cruise, the Nautica will relocate from the Mediterranean to Asia in November 2007 and will operate a Christmas/New Year's cruise from Singapore to Sydney. The ship will then cruise between Sydney and Auckland, New Zealand, during January. The Nautica will head back to Southeast Asia and China for cruises in that region in February and March and will then return to the Med for its summer season.

Thanks Dr. Wong for the info; I was unsure of this itinerary, but if I book my own air fare and add ons on both ends it might make sense; anyone have more info on the ports of call and sea days?

Thanks Dr. Wong for the info; I was unsure of this itinerary, but if I book my own air fare and add ons on both ends it might make sense; anyone have more info on the ports of call and sea days?

Actual itineraries and ports are still being firmed up - it is expected that they will be announced in early September and bookings will open at that time....

The Sydney to Auckland sounds great to me:D

And me too! We have "expressed interest" on the Jan 24 cruise (which is my birthday), which is Auckland to Sydney! The DH went to Sydney for business in 2005 and LOVED it, so we have been looking for an cruise Down Under.

e

Archived