St John questions

soprano

It seems that all the posts I can find are about getting to St. John while in port at St. Thomas...but our cruise stops at St. John for a day (9am - 6pm). What is the situation on St. John? Is it a tender port? Is it mostly a beach destination, or is there a shopping/restaurant district? Any historic sites or other "must see" places?

We'll be on the NCL Jewel next February. Thanks!

Hello,

Not many ships call on St. John USVI; those that do anchor off shore, passengers are tendered in.

On St. John, USVI beach going is a popular choice, visit the National Park, hike, day sail, diving, snorkeling... There are restaurants & shopping, mostly in Cruz Bay but also some in Coral Bay. Check out the St. John guide at http://www.*****/stjohn/ to see what is there that might interest you.

--Islander

Your ship will be stopping at St. John's(not St. John) in Antigua. This is a common error. In St. Thomas, your port of call is Charlotte Amalie.

Hope this helps to clear this up.

To the OP, check out the Antigua boards, there is a lot of info there on that port.

Have fun planning your cruise!

Sheffie - that was really nice of you to check on soprano's ship. I love these boards and really appreciate all the info people share.

We are going to St. Thomas in September. We really want to go over to St. John. We will probably do a ship tour - my husband is not much on venturing out on our own since he worries that we will not get back in time.

Any suggestions? We like to do almost everything including snorkel and hike.

Thanks so much! I didn't realize the difference...we just booked for all the great Broadway entertainment (it's a Rosie "R Family" cruise). I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Archived