Kudos to Yhony and cave-tubing.com

ShyGuy215

Hello:

We just got off the Miracle which sailed on July 2 and did cave tubing with Yhony from cave-tubing.com and I have to say that I would chose Yhony again in a heartbeat. He has a great personality. He is very casual, yet professional and he is passionate about what he is doing. One thing that initially alarmed me was that you have to leave the port terminal to meet Yhony. Some others have posted that Belize is not safe, but let me put to rest any fears. When we saw that there was port security at the exit to the terminal and that Yhony and his guides were only five feet from the exit and we met him right away, we saw that there was nothing to worry about. Belize struck me as being a safe port and we would have seriously missed out on a great time had we chosen to confine ourselves to the port. There were about 40 people on our tour. Yhony and his other leaders had groups of about ten people linked together. Each of these smaller groups had at least one tour guide assisting as we went through the caves. Other tour groups I observed just sent each individual down the river on his/her own. One man was walking up river without his tube with panic on his face and he yelled out that he could not find his wife. Individuals on their own would bump into logs or rocks, but we had a tour guide taking us through the dangerous parts. Bottom line, I highly recommend Yhony and his cave tubing operation. I appreciated that Yhony described himself as "humbled" that so many people would sign up for his tour and that at the end, he thanked us for being brave enough to go with an independent rather than the cruise ship excursion. Yhony has had to field this question countless times, but I will say emphatically that he knows the cruise ship schedule and will not allow you to miss the cruise ship. This is one of the "scare tactics" the cruise lines use to get you to sign up for their overpriced excursions. Don't fear. With Yhony, you will get more fun and entertainment for about half the price.

Thanks for the review, I have looked at so many tubing sites its making my head spin. This one seems to get the best reviews, and thats good to know about him being very aware of the ship schedule that had me a little nervous about missing the ship, I guess there scare tatics worked. Would you reccomend this excursion for 2 almost 50 year olds not in tiptop shape. We are not helpless mind you just not as active as we once were. Thanks again.

Thanks for the review, I have looked at so many tubing sites its making my head spin. This one seems to get the best reviews, and thats good to know about him being very aware of the ship schedule that had me a little nervous about missing the ship, I guess there scare tatics worked. Would you reccomend this excursion for 2 almost 50 year olds not in tiptop shape. We are not helpless mind you just not as active as we once were. Thanks again.

Hi Steve and Jayne:

I am 45 and my wife is 50. The hike is the hardest part, but it is not too long. I am a little overweight (especially after the cruise :)). But I thought that getting hot and sweaty made the tube ride all the more fun. Hope you have a great time.

Archived