Fort Lauderdale Flight Time

Marmarjudy

Your opinion: Will we be okay booking an 11 AM departure from FLL? We have done this many times after a Princess cruise in FLL, in peak season and on weekends, and never had a problem--we actually had time to spare.

We will take a cab to the airport, get first off debarkation time (after registering with the purser,) and it will be on Monday, not the during the mass of returning Saturday or Sunday cruisers. I know that we always have the chance of late arrival, etc., but are willing to chance that.

My real question: does Carnival take that much longer to debark than Princess? We have never sailed Carnival out of FLL.

Thanks,

Judy

All of the cruiselines have the debarkation process down to a science to ensure a quick turn around. Others will disagree with the 11 am flight time, but odds are in your favor you'll catch your flight without a hitch. I wouldn't hesitate to follow through with your plan. ;)

Thanks for the info.

I originally posted this on the Carnival board and it got moved to here and I am VERY upset that it did. This needs to be read and answered by Carnival cruisers familiar with the Carnival debarkation process.

I understand. Repost it under the Carnival thread and in the heading put something like "Port Everglades debarkation information" and post your question again as written. I'm sure it will remain and you'll get dozens of responses.

All of the cruiselines have the debarkation process down to a science to ensure a quick turn around. Others will disagree with the 11 am flight time, but odds are in your favor you'll catch your flight without a hitch. I wouldn't hesitate to follow through with your plan. ;)

Hope you're right - I just booked an 11:10 am departure myself. I think things would have to go very seriously wrong for me to have a problem.

Archived