Cave tubing/spiders

FL LuluBelle

I have a question for all of you who have gone cave tubing. I have a real fear of spiders from camping as a child. I read that during the cave walk someone saw giant spiders. Has anyone seen them tubing? We really want to do the cave tubing, but can't handle spiders............ Thanks for all your help!! LU

I have a question for all of you who have gone cave tubing. I have a real fear of spiders from camping as a child. I read that during the cave walk someone saw giant spiders. Has anyone seen them tubing? We really want to do the cave tubing, but can't handle spiders............ Thanks for all your help!! LU

I can't say that I noticed any spiders or webs while tubing. I'm sure they were present someplace in the jungle/rain forest as we walked to the start point on the river but I didn't see any that were across the path or near enough to cause concern.

Enjoy!

When it rains hard and the river rises it washes out the caves - the spiders don't have much of a chance there.

While I'm sure in mid-summer this is very different, I was there in mid-March and didn't see a bug.

J

Archived