Sweet Iced Tea or Un-Sweetened Tea on Crown?

cheeky1414

Just a quick detail.... Does Princess serve sweet or unsweetened iced tea on Crown? Also, does the soda card cover bottled water?

Appreciated, in advance. :D

None of the Princess ships serve sweet iced tea. They let you add your own sweetener. Bottled water is not included on the soda card. You can only get fountain drinks (no bottled or canned drinks) with the soda card.

A Canadian asking about sweet tea?? Being born and bred in the South, I'm impressed!! We just got off the CB (wow, almost a month ago) and no "real" sweet tea. It was all unsweetened and really tasted like the kind from a can and not brewed tea. The soda card did not cover bottled water, but the water from the tap in the Caribe and Horizon buffets was good. They also provided lemon wedges, which also helped with the "canned" tea!

The iced tea is not fresh brewed but reconstituted, like the hot coffee. Tip for a great glass of sweet tea. Pour yourself a cup of hot water, insert free tea bag. Seep tea and add sugar, to taste. Stir well. Then pur contents into a large glass of ice. Then re-pour into another glass of ice. Works every time.

After 26 cruises on most all the major lines I've yet to find one that serves pre-sweeten tea. Just off the Crown a few weeks ago and no sweet tea to be found unless you do it yourself. We found it good enough to get by with for 9 days. Sometimes it was very strong and we had to add water to cut it.

Like SpendLIfe, I thought for sure you must be from the south! I had never heard of sweet tea until I moved to NC (and still don't care for it). I think the unsweet tea on board is okay; a break from soda at meals. I refill my water bottles from tap on Horizon before excursions; it's the best water on board.

A Canadian asking about sweet tea?? Being born and bred in the South, I'm impressed!! We just got off the CB (wow, almost a month ago) and no "real" sweet tea. It was all unsweetened and really tasted like the kind from a can and not brewed tea.

Just FYI! Iced tea in Canada is always sweet, including canned iced tea. :) We even have diet iced tea sweetened with artificial sweeteners! I can't stand the American unsweetened stuff! :p

Hey Sealegs that is exactly what I've been doing as I like good tea. In fact, I've now started taking a small stainless kettle and an insulated glass. I go to the Horizon Court add 3 tea bags, 4 sweetners and hot water. Go back to the room, remove the tea bags, put the kettle into the frig to cool it down. Then add ice & tea to my glass as needed.

I might have to try KFL's idea. DH is allergic to artificial sweeteners (nauseous and breaks out), and sugar won't melt in cold tea... I was wondering if I could get simple syrup from a bartender to sweeten his tea. Anybody know?

Just FYI! Iced tea in Canada is always sweet, including canned iced tea. :) We even have diet iced tea sweetened with artificial sweeteners! I can't stand the American unsweetened stuff! :p

Thanks Redsgj, that's great to know for our next trip to Canada. My experience in the States is that it's difficult to find sweet tea west of Texas and North of VA. I usually get a blank stare from servers when I ask. And the look I get is even worse when I ask for grits! Which were actually not bad by the way on our last cruise on CB.

Hey Sealegs that is exactly what I've been doing as I like good tea. In fact, I've now started taking a small stainless kettle and an insulated glass. I go to the Horizon Court add 3 tea bags, 4 sweetners and hot water. Go back to the room, remove the tea bags, put the kettle into the frig to cool it down. Then add ice & tea to my glass as needed.

KFL- Thanks for the tip. I'll find a heat resistant vessel somewhere in my house and bring it to make the tea- then store the remainder in the fridge! BTW- I do not sweeten my tea, but enjoy fresh brewed nonetheless.

I bought a CHEAP stainless steel kettle (on sale fro $4.95) holds around 24 ozs so I can usually get 2 full glasses + out of it. The walk back to the room usually takes 5 minutes so that takes care of steeping time. By the way make sure you have something with a lid. Don't want to get sloshed on during your trip back to your room!!!!!!!!!

Archived