Suites

Tinalou

I was browsing the internet the other day for pics of the Pacific Sun and came across pics of the suites onboard the ship and all I have to say is... :eek:

That, to me, would be the ultimate way to cruise and I think that after we return from our first cruise and catch the cruise bug, we will definitely want to plan another one.

So my question is how many of you have stayed in a suite (not neccessarily on the PSun) and would you consider them worth the extra cost? Speaking of cost, how much more are they usually?

How many suites does the Pacific Sun have? I wonder if they are fully booked. ;)

How freaky!! I was looking at the suites this morning.

I would not pay in excess of $4000 for 10 nights for a suite. It does look nice in the picture though. The Sun has 10 suites.

What surprised me was the very basic looking suite on the Star. For the money being paid, I would expect a bit more, besides a bit more space. There are 12 suites on Star located on Verandah Deck.

You have to be careful to get a suite that doesn't have a blocked view and I noticed on the Sun that we could easily see some of the balconies so they didn't seem very private. Some may be but we hardly spent any time in our rooms anyway and there are heaps of places where you can have a quiet corner to yourself. I would rather spend the money on 'extras'!

Thanks for the replies guys.

From the sounds of it, there are better ways to be spending that money, hey? :)

You have to wonder though....who is staying in those suites. Imagine if they were empty. How lovely would it be if they upgraded people if the suites were empty. :eek:

I don't know if we were lucky or if they do it regularly....

On our cruise on the Pacific Sky in July 04 1/2 way through the cruise we upgraded to a suite for only $900 for all of us. It was wonderful. That being said I couldn't never justify the exorbitant prices compared to the best available fares we book on.

The Sky suites were much better, they had a separate bedroom with its own tv and walkin robe/change room and then a living area with a sofa bed. The suite had flowers, fruit, bathrobes and we received appetisers before dinner each night. We also got priority tender tickets, free lanyards and (if we started on day one) received all the port flyers, theme night info on embarkation.

Aussiedisneyfan......:eek: That sounds so wonderful, I am SO jealous... What a way to relax and enjoy your cruise!

We are getting married five days into our cruise, I am going to tell all of the P&O staff I come across. Maybe one of them will upgrade us to a suite to help us celebrate our marriage;)...and pigs might fly! :D :p

Archived