Back from the Holiday

SOPHIELYNNE

Oops. Thought Shout! was the Country show. .

I think SHOUT was the musical show that traced rock music from the 50's through the 80's. It did have some country as well though. Shout was performed on the last night if I recall.

Loved the pictures!! We will be on the Holiday in September! Our first cruise!! I can't wait!!

Your pictures were awesome....What kind of camera do you have?

You will have a great time no doubt. The camera we used was an old Canon G3.

We really enjoyed both of the shows and thought the young performers were awesome. Man, that Cruise Director Steve is ultra talented. I don't prefer country music but gotta recognize his expertise! The shows were truly a highlight.

Garysol, we recognize you from the pictures you posted. Glad your family had a good time. We were in SilverSeas dinning 268 at 8:00. Our head waiter, Lucas was wonderful as well. I hope none of the bad kids messed with yours! And all of that fake 'accidental' slipping down they did - young teens. Did you by chance see or hear any of the awful things kids were doing/saying to the really large lady - the blond one? If so, wasn't that dredful! I felt terrible for her.

I would recommend this cruise to anyone, regardless of who else is on it. Food, staff, shows, rooms, services were all first rate with me. Go for it! We did Dolphin swim and Tulum ruins. Blast!

. Did you by chance see or hear any of the awful things kids were doing/saying to the really large lady - the blond one? If so, wasn't that dredful! I felt terrible for her.

Somehow no, I never did hear any of that. I did see several really large woman there but never saw the harrasing. I like to think if I did I would have had to do something. I tend to get involved when I see crap like that. I was way over 250pounds myself this time last year and I have no patiance for people that mess with others due to size or handicaps or whatever......

Then you'd HATE Shout!

:D Glad someone cleared that up for you. I love "Shout!" because of all the 'my era' music/dancing.

BTW, Cotton - thanks for the tip about 3 way cube taps vs. a plugging strip - worked great on my last cruise!

You're quite welcome, my friend.

Just a quick question about the odor some people noticed on the Holiday. Was it on certain decks, or just everywhere? We are on the Main deck, want to make sure nothing is too smelly :-)

Here and there and not all the time. Not a big deal IMHO.

Just a quick question about the odor some people noticed on the Holiday. Was it on certain decks, or just everywhere? We are on the Main deck, want to make sure nothing is too smelly :-)

I've had cabins on Main Deck on three Carnival cruises - never detected any foul odor at anytime.

Did any of you happen to stay on the Empress deck? I have a cabin in the rear (aft, I think is what you call it), E157 and I was wondering about the infamous vibrating....:confused:

I am glad that you had a good time and I thank you ;) for the encouraging words about the Holiday, we sail on August 24th, we are hoping that most kids will be in school by then, we are taking ours (11& 14) but they would NEVER be allowed to act like some of the kids talked about were behaving, I can not stand it when parents act so irresponsibly. We had the same problem on our last cruise, we had senior trip kids having food fights in the hall at 2 am.....:mad:

Did any of you happen to stay on the Empress deck? I have a cabin in the rear (aft, I think is what you call it), E157 and I was wondering about the infamous vibrating....:confused:

Again, no biggie. It was sorta soothing as I drifted off to sleep. That and the Long Island Ice Tea's

. We had the same problem on our last cruise, we had senior trip kids having food fights in the hall at 2 am.....:mad:

I put a bunch of the blame on Carnival. I saw a few security guards around the boat but aside from watching the kids missbehaving I did not see them do ANYTHING to stop it.

For the few of us that were on our deck (we were Cat 11 balcony on the Sensation) after the second night of the kids acting like that and KNOWING that their parents were a few floors below enjoying their cruise and not concerned about what the kids were doing; we all went to the Purser and one woman called the ship's security a few times, to Carnival's credit on this one, the next night we heard an announcement for these kids and their parents to come to the Purser's desk, they had to make it about 3 times....but it did put an end to the "kid's gone wild" nightmare. I think the breaking point for the couple beside us was watching our sweet room stewardess on her hands and knees cleaning food off of the carpet that these jerks threw at each other. (people's room service leftovers) for the second morning in a row.

It just made me remember to re-inforce good manners in my own kids and try to make them understand that they are not the only people on the planet and need to behave appropriately.

:)

We just returned from the July 8 sailing on the Holiday. We too had a wonderful time. We didn't run into any of the wild kids. Gary out server was Shiva, the kids loved him. We sat in a booth behind and across from your table. The pictures were nice.

P.S. Our 5 year old daughter LOVED LOVED LOVED the Camp Carnival.

I have a favour to ask? Is there any chance you kept a copy of the camp carnival programs?

We have two kids aged 8 and 11 who will be cruising with us and our childless(for this cruise:D ) friends of 10. My DH is diving and another friend wants me to snorkel with them on the excursion. The trip is a 'Shore Trip's - non carnival excursion.

I know in the past, that sometimes Carnival does not extend Camp Carnival all day on shore days. Do you know what hours the Camp was open on the day you visited Cozumel? Were they able to have lunch in the Camp?

I may have to stay back if Camp hours conflict with the shore excursions.:(

I really appreciate any information you have on the Holiday Camp Carnival program, thanks a million.

I may have to stay back if Camp hours conflict with the shore excursions.:(

I really appreciate any information you have on the Holiday Camp Carnival program, thanks a million.

I think you will be fine. I recall that they had camp till 10:00pm EVERYNIGHT. I will check when I get home to see if I have the Caper

How was the tendering in Coz? I understand that it has been crazy and hard to get off the ship. Do you know how many others were in port the same day as you? There are 5 the day we will be there and Carnival told me there are only 2 tenders for the ship. Any info on this subject (from anyone that has done this recently) would be appreciated.

How was the tendering in Coz? .

No problems. There were 2 ships in port including us in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Since we were not on a ship excursion trip we had to get tender tickets. I went to deck 5 to get my tickets about 7:30am. The family and I had breakfast and they called our number as we were exiting 7 seas, about one hour I guess from the time I got the ticket till we were off the ship. In the afternoon we just walked on the tender and away we went.

Gary...

We booked a ocean view guar room....I just saw that our room has been assigned. I checked on the fun pass website. Anyway....it is a U62. Do you know where this will be and if it is a good room? This is our first cruise and I know NOTHING!! Any help will be appreciated!

Just a quick post if anyone is interested... we loved the Holiday! have cruise the Conquest, Sensation & Elation in the last 3 years and must say I think we enjoyed the Holiday best. The ship is definitely small... but the staff is incredible, food was great... we had a ball! :)

Just got our room assignment for our September cruise. It is Room U62. Is this o.k.? This our first cruise....

Gary...

We booked a ocean view guar room....I just saw that our room has been assigned. I checked on the fun pass website. Anyway....it is a U62. Do you know where this will be and if it is a good room? This is our first cruise and I know NOTHING!! Any help will be appreciated!

We were in U112. You are a bit foward of where we are but I assume you Ocean View room is the same as ours. http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=HO&deckCode=U

Is a diagram of the U deck layout. Ours slept 4 just fine. You won't want to spend a lot of time in the room but it is more than adequate for sleeping and showering. Give yourself one day and you will have figured everything out. I promise. It is a little overwhelming now but the staff will make it easy for you.

I'm going on the Holiday in Sept. and I have read great things about it. I'm so excited! Did you stay in Mobile the night before the cruise? If so, where did you stay?

We stayed at the Best Western Ashbury and left our vehicle parked there...was told they had shuttle service to terminal, but they did not provide that so we called a cab. :)

I have only sailed the Elation and was wondering if you ever felt "closed in" on the Holiday since it doesn't have an atrium? I'm a little claustrophobic and was considering the Holiday until I read that it doesn't have the multilevel open atrium. Just wondering what you thought. Thanks:)

you will miss the atrium...and it is a bit closed in @ the pursers deck compared to the larger ships. but i think i spent a total of 1/2 hour on that deck so its not an issue with me. i wouldn't hessitate sailing on her again (as a matter of fact we are taking the kids in january) :)

Archived