Renting a Car in San Juan

edzachary

We will sail the Crown on Sept 3rd, with a stop in San Juan for a full day. Having spent two years serving as a missionary in Puerto Rico I am anxious to return to former haunts and to visit a few folks I remained in contact with.

Does anyone know about how far the airport is from the pier? Anyone ever tried to rent a car in San Juan and can supply some tips or ideas?

We rented a car there about 7 years ago. The rental company was not at the airport, very close by though. We took a shuttle to the rental company from the airport. By my best guess, since it's been a while, it is probably about 20-30 minutes drive from the pier to the airport. You may want to see about renting a car from the Marriott which is closer to the pier and you don't have to pay for a cab to the airport to rent the car.

We will sail the Crown on Sept 3rd, with a stop in San Juan for a full day. Having spent two years serving as a missionary in Puerto Rico I am anxious to return to former haunts and to visit a few folks I remained in contact with.

Does anyone know about how far the airport is from the pier? Anyone ever tried to rent a car in San Juan and can supply some tips or ideas?

There is a Hertz rental booth in the Sheraton Old San Juan across the street where the Crown docks.

Archived