Dive Operator Marquesas Islands HELP!

gvre

We will be on the TP in October and we will be going to Nuku Hiva and Hiva Oa. I have been trying to find dive operators but not much luck.

Can anyone help???

thanks!! Richard

Hey there Richard.....since we're only doing the other route the next week, haven't spent much time on Nuku Hiva, but....found this link and looks like they are probably the only source there.

http://www.marquises.pf/pagestour/2page108.html

Just picked up a book on Amazon called 'The French Polynesia Diving Guide' that has great stuff in it. Has great pics & 3D dive maps of different sites on all the islands....even lists several dive ops, except for Nuka Hiva shops.

Mike

http://www.hompage.mac.com/csealove/

Hey Richard and Debbie,

I thought I had sent you an email with the information Richard but if you didn't get it, here is the info.

Marquesas Contact Info:

On Nuku Hiva:

Plongee Marquises

http://www.marquises.pf and look at Nuku Hiva diving

marquisesdiving@mail.pf

689.920.088 Marie and Xavier are the two I know.

On Hiva Oa:

Eric

ph 689.927.088

mobile 689.270.524

Don't have an email address for Eric but I am sure if you ask Marie when you email her, if she had any more contact info for Eric or perhaps she could set something up for you.

You really don't have much of a choice on these 2 Islands. Buzz did Nuku Hiva and the rest of the group did both.

I hope this helps and have a great time;)

Hi Mike and Judy,

Thanks for the replies and contacts.

Judy, I sent you an email earlier today asking you about Buzz's dives in the Marquesas so you can ignore it. I remember you said that the diving was better on Hiva Oa. You think we should just dive Hiva Oa??

Thanks Richard

Richard,

I would try both islands. It is one of those places where it depends on the conditions. Everyone was very impressed with the Nuku Hiva operation and Marie is very helpful. The visibility just wasn't good the day they went they did encounter an eel that you will only find in that area. Also, don't forget your log books, Marie will stamp them when you return from your dive. I will send you by email some information that Marie had sent me.

Archived