Best Summit spa treatments

ManhattanLawyer

Hi,

I apologize if this is already on the board somewhere, but does anyone have a list of the spa services that are offered on the Summit?

Also, for those of you who have been to the spa, which of the treatments do you recommend, and how do you think the quality of the services compares to land spas?

Thanks!

they are more expensive.

Every time i sail i have splurged and had a hot stone message. Its wonderful.I left feeling like i didnt have a bone in my body. I have never been pestered to buy anything. On my last cruise i had a body message. I have fibromyalgia and was dealing with a flare up. The message helped allot, and eased the pain to much more controllable. As the therapist was finishing he told me i should come back the next day. I told him i would love to but truly could not afford it. He then told me that i misunderstood that he wanted me to come back and it would be free. He said that most of the messages he gives are for relaxation and fun, it made him feel good to really help me. Now, i know that was an unusual situation but i will always remember his kindness and empathy.

If you can afford it i would suggest going for it. I highly enjoyed it and felt very pampered

Nadine

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for the response. It's not really the cost I'm concerned about (living in NYC I'm used to having spas charge high rates for services) but more so the quality of the treatments. I would hate to spend hundreds of dollars not to end up feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.

I take it, then, that you think the massage therapists are well trained? I ask because I have unbelievable tension and spasms in my neck and back and the only massages that do anything for me are deep tissue ones with therapists who have the strength of a mac truck.

Thanks!

Hi,

I apologize if this is already on the board somewhere, but does anyone have a list of the spa services that are offered on the Summit?

Also, for those of you who have been to the spa, which of the treatments do you recommend, and how do you think the quality of the services compares to land spas?

Thanks!

I think most of their treatments are comparable to a typical day spa, but not as good as an upscale spa resort such as Canyon Ranch in Lenox, Massacusetts.

They have one treatment, however, that I love and have not found elsewhere. It is a scalp treatment, that includes a half hour scalp massage, which leaves your hair soft and shiny. I had one a few weeks ago on the Constellation and am still reaping the benefits from it.

not all are. Stop, talk, and inquire. Tell them what you need ( and be very specific ) and if its available. I found the hot stone to be very effective without using deep message ( which i like )

If the message isnt hard enough my spasms can get worse ( its like being teased ) and then i tense.

Some of the therapists are only trained in relaxation massage. and if you get allot of them then you know sometimes the most petite therapist can carry a big wollop .

When are you cruising? This next cruise will be the longest cruise we have taken. Panama Canal, 14 day on the Summit. Looking forward to it very much.

Enjoy the Summit, its a lovely ship. If you have never been- you will like the Thallo Pool- nice jets , very relaxing

Motherchic,

We leave on July 29, doing a cruisetour to Alaska.

I definitely agree with you on the spasms becoming worse if the massage isn't strong enough. Maybe I should shy away from the massage and just go for the facials, body scrubs, and the scalp treatment, which I love! I agree that the results really last!

Enjoy your Panama Cruise!

Archived