Qvc Chartered Msc Opera 1/7/07 To 1/14/07

Pennacruiser

Read a few threads regarding online pre-registration - asked "our guy" at MSC about it and this is what he said....

Guests can preregister their passport information by visiting www.msccruisesgetforms.com

This is the declaration form required; In the past, the information would be filled out at the pier. Now, it saves lots of time and makes the embarkation quite smooth .

I just went to the MSC home and them clicked on "forms". You just cannot pre-register until you have your packet - you need to put in your booking number.

72 days my friends :D

Hi Jeri,

I had pre-registered and filled out the declaration form when I received my passports. I put in my confirmation no. as my booking no. and it all went thru. I guess I'll call Henry AGAIN. Maybe I shouldn't of put in the confirmation no. I hope I didn't goof up anything. I just thought the booking no. would be the same as the confirmation no.

Wow, we're down to 72 DAYS? Yeah!

Barb

I just called Henry and he said you can fill out the declaration form and just use you QVC confirmation number as your booking number. I'm glad I didn't mess anything up.

Thanks for the info on the declaration form, I just went to the site and signed us in. Hope to see you all on the Opera.

James

Better believe it James!!!

I just called Henry and he said you can fill out the declaration form and just use you QVC confirmation number as your booking number. I'm glad I didn't mess anything up.

Barb? What is the confirmation number? I don't seem to have one ?!

Better believe it James!!!

Barb? What is the confirmation number? I don't seem to have one ?!

As always, Henry came to the rescue - I guess I was missing a document and he provided it for me - later all...

jeri

My husband, daughter and I will be sailing on this cruise. We have been cruising for many years and have found that you will not always please everyone. QVC is a very reputable company and I trust that they will do their best to see that everyone has a good time.

See you onboard!:)

My husband, daughter and I will be sailing on this cruise. We have been cruising for many years and have found that you will not always please everyone. QVC is a very reputable company and I trust that they will do their best to see that everyone has a good time.

See you onboard!:)

Welcome Wedd! There will be quite a number of first time cruisers among us so we will not (hopefully) be hearing "on Swanko Cruiseline (made up the name)they do it this way" too much. I have only cruised with Carnival (5 times) and only sailed out of California and am really looking forward to the Italian flair!

jeri

Welcome Wedd! There will be quite a number of first time cruisers among us so we will not (hopefully) be hearing "on Swanko Cruiseline (made up the name)they do it this way" too much. I have only cruised with Carnival (5 times) and only sailed out of California and am really looking forward to the Italian flair!

jeri

I finally found a thread that gave me the information I needed regarding the amount of liquor we can bring back - here it is....you can bring back 1 litre per adult duty free. (if you are a us citizen) if you go to St thomas, since it is a US port...you can buy 4 there, plus one someplace else.

Is that correct info?

I finally found a thread that gave me the information I needed regarding the amount of liquor we can bring back - here it is....you can bring back 1 litre per adult duty free. (if you are a us citizen) if you go to St thomas, since it is a US port...you can buy 4 there, plus one someplace else.

Is that correct info?

What I want to know is if MSC checks your luggage when we board in Florida. The types of drinks I like are Strawberry Daiquiris, fruit type drinks and cream type drinks. T.G.I. Fridays has large plastic bottles of these type of drinks in the liquer stores that I would like to take with me on the cruise. Would love to sit on our balcony before dinner sipping or my drink looking out over the ocean. I was reading some threads about this and most cruise lines don't check your luggage.

event.png

What I want to know is if MSC checks your luggage when we board in Florida. The types of drinks I like are Strawberry Daiquiris, fruit type drinks and cream type drinks. T.G.I. Fridays has large plastic bottles of these type of drinks in the liquer stores that I would like to take with me on the cruise. Would love to sit on our balcony before dinner sipping or my drink looking out over the ocean. I was reading some threads about this and most cruise lines don't check your luggage.

I know what you mean - from what I have seen MSC seems pretty cool about it but who knows for sure - come to think of it, Forecastle probaby does. Because of the weight thing, I am just bring one of those minatures of Grand Marnie (cannot spell it). That is just enought for a weeks worth of martinis :D - use that instead of vermouth.

I know what you mean - from what I have seen MSC seems pretty cool about it but who knows for sure - come to think of it, Forecastle probaby does. Because of the weight thing, I am just bring one of those minatures of Grand Marnie (cannot spell it). That is just enought for a weeks worth of martinis :D - use that instead of vermouth.

What is the weight limit and is it for each piece of luggage?

event.png

What is the weight limit and is it for each piece of luggage?

event.png

Hey Barb..

2 bags allowed if flying (per person) 50 pounds per bag I think, carry on, 1 at 40 pounds and then like a purse or backpack. But every airline is different - best to check their web site. And if you are anything like me - I will be packing "just in case" just in case I meet the queen! If not flying, not an issue. Of course, you could just go to a liquor store near the ship and pick it there - just bring it on board - shall we say gracefully? (AKA sneaky is good)

By the way - how did you get your ticker to work:confused: ???

Jeri

Hi people let's say there had been known bottles in check bags go aboard ship with no problems. The weight will only be a problem for those who are flying. Mad I use pickled garlic instead of olives.

Hey Barb..

2 bags allowed if flying (per person) 50 pounds per bag I think, carry on, 1 at 40 pounds and then like a purse or backpack. But every airline is different - best to check their web site. If not flying, not an issue. Of course, you could just go to a liquor store near the ship and pick it there - just bring it on board - shall we say gracefully? (AKA sneaky is good)

By the way - how did you get your ticker to work:confused: ???

Jeri

Being new to all this I did have a problem with the ticker. But you have to click the icon above "insert image" and enter the URL, then it magically appears.

Yes, I will be "sneaky" about it.

Barb

event.png

Hi everyone. I have not yet booked the QVC cruise, but am still thinking about it. The only reason I'm dragging my feet is because all of the balcony rooms are sold out. If the rooms weren't so small, I wouldn't care.. but they're just tiny.. and for 7 days.. wow. I'm going with my mother, and we get along great.. but in that tiny a space... well.. you know! LOL!

Anyway.. I do want to say that I took the QVC Morning Show Anniversary trip to Atlantis in Nassau. They did an absolutely wonderful job, and we had a blast. There were cocktail parties, seminars with some of the venders, and special deals on excursions. Each morning, they broadcast from the hotel.

We got some fun freebies like Christmas ornaments, a pearl ring, and a little bag of goodies. We were also surprised a few weeks after we returned with a CD filled with memories from the trip. Their photographer included candid shots of everyone. It was a really nice touch.

To be honest, I'm not thrilled with the ports of call. Been there, done that.. but QVC did such a great job in Nassau... I thought this cruise would be fun. So, we may be joining you.. and maybe not. That's what I get for being a Libra.. can't make up my mind!

Hi everyone. I have not yet booked the QVC cruise, but am still thinking about it. The only reason I'm dragging my feet is because all of the balcony rooms are sold out. If the rooms weren't so small, I wouldn't care.. but they're just tiny.. and for 7 days.. wow. I'm going with my mother, and we get along great.. but in that tiny a space... well.. you know! LOL!

Anyway.. I do want to say that I took the QVC Morning Show Anniversary trip to Atlantis in Nassau. They did an absolutely wonderful job, and we had a blast. There were cocktail parties, seminars with some of the venders, and special deals on excursions. Each morning, they broadcast from the hotel.

We got some fun freebies like Christmas ornaments, a pearl ring, and a little bag of goodies. We were also surprised a few weeks after we returned with a CD filled with memories from the trip. Their photographer included candid shots of everyone. It was a really nice touch.

To be honest, I'm not thrilled with the ports of call. Been there, done that.. but QVC did such a great job in Nassau... I thought this cruise would be fun. So, we may be joining you.. and maybe not. That's what I get for being a Libra.. can't make up my mind!

Thanks so much for the posting! We are looking forward to the cruise like crazy and you have added more to the feeling that time is going way too slow. Even if you have been there, done that, consider that you will be with a new group of friends and you could show us the best places to do - whatever!

jeri

Has anyone received any documentation from MSC regarding the QVC cruise? The only confirmation I received was in an email after I booked the cruise and it took several phone calls and several weeks before I received anything. I was never contacted for final payment and finally called them and gave them my payment over the phone. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. Still waiting for our passports. Looking forward to the trip.

MAT

Has anyone received any documentation from MSC regarding the QVC cruise? The only confirmation I received was in an email after I booked the cruise and it took several phone calls and several weeks before I received anything. I was never contacted for final payment and finally called them and gave them my payment over the phone. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. Still waiting for our passports. Looking forward to the trip.

MAT

Your story sounds like mine, I called two weeks ago and gave henry my final payment. At that time he said that they would be e-mailing conformation of the funds. To date have'nt received anything. I have also completed the forms on the MSC cruise line web site and have not received conformation. Every cruise I have been on has sent enough paperwork to fill a manila envelope.

James

Surfgirl, I was at the QVC 10th Anniversary Morning Show event also. Met some nice people. Two of them are coming on this cruise with me. I just came off the Quacker cruise in October and had a great time. QVC does put together a nice event and I am sure this will be no different. I have been to all the same ports except the DR but I am going on the cruise for the anniversary, not the ports. It should be alot of fun. This will be my 8th cruise. I booked an inside cabin because I cannot look at the motion of the ocean (if any). The last two cruises I was on (QM2 and Caribbean Princess), the cabins weren't small - I had a Kind and Queen bed and even though I am traveling solo, two people could have been comfortable.

Hope to see you on this cruise. Jeanette

Surfgirl, I was at the QVC 10th Anniversary Morning Show event also. Met some nice people. Two of them are coming on this cruise with me. I just came off the Quacker cruise in October and had a great time. QVC does put together a nice event and I am sure this will be no different. I have been to all the same ports except the DR but I am going on the cruise for the anniversary, not the ports. It should be alot of fun. This will be my 8th cruise. I booked an inside cabin because I cannot look at the motion of the ocean (if any). The last two cruises I was on (QM2 and Caribbean Princess), the cabins weren't small - I had a Kind and Queen bed and even though I am traveling solo, two people could have been comfortable.

Hope to see you on this cruise. Jeanette

There are a bunch of us that are counting the days! I hope you join us in a little CC get together by the pool on the 7th. This is my 5th cruise, but have always sailed out of San Diego on Carnival so this will be a first east coast experience and first time in the Caribbean (duh).

Just in case any of you want to see about eatting together you can fax any requests .... here is what I found today

The direct fax number (if calling from the US) is:

011-874-335762711 (dial it exactly as written).

You will be charged International overseas satellite rates. In other words, it's probably not cheap!

Put the fax attention to: Maitre d'Hotel - MSC OPERA

You don't want to send it until the Monday or Tuesday prior to the weekend you are sailing. The Maitre d' only works the table assignments one cruise in advance, and if you send it too early it will most likely get misplaced or forgotten.

Include your names, booking numbers, cabin numbers, and any specific requests (sitting, table size, dining room, location). I would also recommend writing in very plain English ... remember that Italian is the Maitre d's first language and his English (especially the written word) might be a bit rusty.

Just in case any of you want to see about eatting together you can fax any requests .... here is what I found today

The direct fax number (if calling from the US) is:

011-874-335762711 (dial it exactly as written).

You will be charged International overseas satellite rates. In other words, it's probably not cheap!

Put the fax attention to: Maitre d'Hotel - MSC OPERA

You don't want to send it until the Monday or Tuesday prior to the weekend you are sailing. The Maitre d' only works the table assignments one cruise in advance, and if you send it too early it will most likely get misplaced or forgot.

Include your names, booking numbers, cabin numbers, and any specific requests (sitting, table size, dining room, location). I would also recommend writing in very plain English ... remember that Italian is the Maitre d's first language and his English (especially the written word) might be a bit rusty.

Hi Everyone, Just a note to say I am still among the living hahaha...Some days its hard to get to a computer but wanted to let you all know I am here...Sue...Jeri, I am going to be in Vegas the 16th, 17th, and 18th of this month, staying at sam's town..will give you a call....Sue:)

Hi Everyone, Just a note to say I am still among the living hahaha...Some days its hard to get to a computer but wanted to let you all know I am here...Sue...Jeri, I am going to be in Vegas the 16th, 17th, and 18th of this month, staying at sam's town..will give you a call....Sue

Archived