Robes on Island Princess

rockmich

We are traveling in August on the Island Princess and I have a question about the robes that are offered. I understand that you can use the robe just for the duration of your cruise, or purchase at the end of the week for $65. My question is if you decide to just "borrow" the robe for the week, do they wash them and then give them out again? And If I

"borrow" a robe, is it new or used? Thanks

Yes, the robe you borrow for the week is used but it is very clean. In fact, since we were on a 15 day cruise, we put ours on the floor with our towels after the first week to be washed and were given fresh (but used) and clean robes. The one you would purchase naturally would be brand new. If you were to purchase a robe, I would suggest putting it away in your luggage so the cabin steward doesn't get it mixed up.

On our last cruise (on the Island), we had to ask a couple of times for the robes (we like to wear them over a wet bathing suit for our return to the cabin). A couple of them had stains on them. :( I guess either they didn't check them after being washed or the robes are kept in the system until they fall apart.

Archived