Back from Fascination!

txffgirl

Ok I amback and can't say enough GREAT things about the trip! After reading some of the posts here before the trip I was alittle concerned but decided to just enjoy!!

So here it is I went July 3-7 ( took awile to depress after the cruise) from Miami to western Caribbean 5 day ( Key West and Calica, MX). It was my first of I assure you many cruises to come:) . I arrived in Miami and took the transfer($12) to the port and pretty much walked right on the ship! Got my not free drink special. Had a great lunch out on deck already catching some rays! Went to my room and dropprd my bags off. Got the Capers and checked it out( suggest doing this everyday!). I stayed in Empress 181. Aft and right beside the elevators! I walked around ( also good idea). The muster drill was easy and quick!

The rest of the week was great!!! I was concerned as I work with kids all the time how it was going to be on a ship during summer vacation but in all honesty there are places to get away from the kids if you need to! Food was great in the dining room and if you see more then one thing you want ORDER IT! A few people at our table did this a few times and never a problem!

Excursions and ports well I did no excursions on this trip. I walked around Key West and then relaxed beack on the ship! Calica,MX I never even got off the ship! It was fantastic! Ship was pretty quite and I tanned and never had any lines for anything!

Room service is FREE( Ok you paid for it with the ctuise price but you don't have to pay more). Do tip the servers they carried it along way! It is available 24/7 and is actually very good!

I did do a Spa treatment but to be honset i don't think I would do it again. Just really not my thing! But if you like that go for it!

The over all service was fantastic! I went bumyself and talked to people when I wanted and never felt like I was lonely because of the crew. The really get to know you I felt- said hi engaged me in conversation when I wanted but left me alone when I wanted that as well!

Ok any qustions you have about the ship or cruising from a newbies perspective feel free to ask away!

Glad to hear you had a great time! We will be on the Fascination in three weeks. Did you pre book the transfer to port or just get it at the airport? Was there a wait to get on the shuttle? We are deciding between the shuttle or a cab. Also what time did you arrive on board? It sounds like everything else was just perfect! Thanks for the review!

Sunlight- I just asked at the baggage claim and they actually have you sign it to your sail and sign card already! Was very quick and painless but they do pack them on the bus! I paid for one way and then last night I booked the return!

The ship I thought was in good shape. Slide was working. I didn't see any real problems with rust or falling down anything!- could be that I wasn't really looking for it and someone will surely say they say a problem.

Enjoy and go with the thought some stuff I am not going to like but don't look for problems HAVE FUN!!!

• 1 month later...
Ok I amback and can't say enough GREAT things about the trip! After reading some of the posts here before the trip I was alittle concerned but decided to just enjoy!!

So here it is I went July 3-7 ( took awile to depress after the cruise) from Miami to western Caribbean 5 day ( Key West and Calica, MX). It was my first of I assure you many cruises to come:) . I arrived in Miami and took the transfer($12) to the port and pretty much walked right on the ship! Got my not free drink special. Had a great lunch out on deck already catching some rays! Went to my room and dropprd my bags off. Got the Capers and checked it out( suggest doing this everyday!). I stayed in Empress 181. Aft and right beside the elevators! I walked around ( also good idea). The muster drill was easy and quick!

The rest of the week was great!!! I was concerned as I work with kids all the time how it was going to be on a ship during summer vacation but in all honesty there are places to get away from the kids if you need to! Food was great in the dining room and if you see more then one thing you want ORDER IT! A few people at our table did this a few times and never a problem!

Excursions and ports well I did no excursions on this trip. I walked around Key West and then relaxed beack on the ship! Calica,MX I never even got off the ship! It was fantastic! Ship was pretty quite and I tanned and never had any lines for anything!

Room service is FREE( Ok you paid for it with the ctuise price but you don't have to pay more). Do tip the servers they carried it along way! It is available 24/7 and is actually very good!

I did do a Spa treatment but to be honset i don't think I would do it again. Just really not my thing! But if you like that go for it!

The over all service was fantastic! I went bumyself and talked to people when I wanted and never felt like I was lonely because of the crew. The really get to know you I felt- said hi engaged me in conversation when I wanted but left me alone when I wanted that as well!

Ok any qustions you have about the ship or cruising from a newbies perspective feel free to ask away!

Don't have a question but a comment......Dontcha just love that ship? I am on her next week for a quick 4 nighter, will be my third on that ship. I love the size, the crew, staff, food. The other passengers seem to be more laid back.

And, welcome to the solo traveler experience. I cruise solo always...except once a year when I treat my grandson to a cruise. I love being solo....love coming back to a nice quiet cabin. Love doing what I want to do when I want. I so enjoy meeting other folks and conversing but truly enjoy having the solitude when I want it.

Hope you have many, many more good cruise experiences...:p

We are going in November. What kind of shape is the ship in?

She is supposed to go into drydock first week in September for a good refit and going over. I'm sure she will be at her very best when you go aboard.......

She is supposed to go into drydock first week in September for a good refit and going over. I'm sure she will be at her very best when you go aboard.......

You should have booked the 3 night fascination so you could gamble on the ship while docked in Nassau.

Have a great cruise!:)

Bill

We are going in November. What kind of shape is the ship in?

Jayg: Please post a review or at least some info when you get back. We're going in December (12/25). Check out the piano bar for me! Would love to know if we can look forward to a great time in the piano bar or not. I know it's probably too early to find out who the piano player is now, but perhaps they might know in November when you go.

Have a great time!

Archived