Is there a way?

Ships R Great

Is there a way to keep an updated list of crew on board the ships, i.e. Captain, CD, CC Hostess? In a spreadsheet form?

sSmeone posted something like that in Connections a couple of years ago, to keep track of passengers, and their info. Does anyone remember that? Can it be done, Hosts? it would be helpful to all of us I think.

Margie, it seems that there are often postings, asking who is the CD, Captain, etc. on a cetain ship. I thought it would be helpful to those who are curious about sucrh things. I would like to know who the Captian, CD and CC Hostess are before I sail. Just my thought. If no one is interested or it is not possible, that would not stop me from sailing. Patty

LOL, I can certainly see why someone might want to know Captain, Cruise Director and such, it was the word "crew" that got me confused. I was thinking why would anyone want a list of cabin stewards, cooks, handimen, engineers, etc. :)

Carry on! :D

Actually I would like to know if certain "crew" are on board. My mother sailed Chandris ships for years and occassionally I meet someone who remembers her. Her "cabin boy" on an around-the-world cruise in 1971 has risen to Chief Housekeeper. I carry pictures and when I see an officer who looks old enough I ask if they knew her. He remembered her and later that afternoon there was a knock on our cabin door. An officer was there. He was an Asst. CH and also remembered her. He said the radio operator remembered her. It is great fun when that happens. And it has happened on several cruises. (But the officers now mostly run when they see "that lady with the pictures" coming---LOL)

(But of course I would not want a list of all the crew on board.)

Archived