Snorkeling-Grand Turk & Nassau-need info fast!

JoanieFL

We are cruising on the Fantasy this weekend July 22nd. We still have not decided on excursions, but want to snorkel. We are leaning towards booking through CCL as I've heard that should your excursion return be delayed that is the only way the ship will wait for you to get on board. Am I wrong here?

If we decide on Carnival we are thinking of the following:

Grand Turk-Madison Point Clear Kayak which includes kayaking in a glass bottom kayak and snorkeling.

Nassau-Catamarin Snorkel

I heard that snorkeling through Stuarts Cove is recommended, but I'm concerned about making sure we get back in time.

Another question...

Once we arrive at port what is a reasonable estimate of how long it takes to get off the ship? I am concerned that if we would book a non-Carnival excursion that we may not get off the ship in time. For example Stuarts Cove's website has an excursion schedule and it states the morning pick up as 8:15 am. If the ship arrives at 7:00 am will we be able to get off the ship in time for pick up?

If anyone has any other excursion suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks so much!

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityDiscoverScubaDiving.htm

I wanted to snorkle too the first time we took a cruise to Cozumel but someone turned me on to beginners SCUBA and I absolutely LOVED it. It was way better than snorkeling and not much more $$$ if your watching your budget.

You can experience so much more with SCUBA and with GC being way more beautiful than cozumel, I would hate to miss anything.

Archived