Just back from the Pride of Hawaii 7/10 cruise

mammamia2

Forgot to mention that we made our restaurant reservations for the week on floor 8 mid-ship. They had a reservationist stationed there before the mandatory drills..location will be posted in the daily. If she/he is backed up, the person at Cagney's was willing to use his computer to make reservations at all of the restaurants as well.

slightly off topic for this thread. The Mods can correct this if necessary.

We're booking POH for next year for a large group (anniversary) cruise.

Does anyone have a suggestion for best views from the ship?

I think that I read that port side had better views. Can anyone confirm that for me before we book?

Many thanks.

Oh.. BTW.. 1st post! woo hoo:rolleyes:

I would agree that the port side of the ship is the best choice. The only real advantage is during the cruise by the Napali Coast in Kuaui. If you have a balcony on the port side you can view it from your own balcony...big plus. Viewing, of course, is available for others on the top decks.

I would agree that the port side of the ship is the best choice. The only real advantage is during the cruise by the Napali Coast in Kuaui. If you have a balcony on the port side you can view it from your own balcony...big plus. Viewing, of course, is available for others on the top decks.

OK forgive my stupidity considering this will be my fifth cruise (maybe one day I will get this right). Would anyone know if cabin 11558 on the POH is port side?

We are going to be on the Sun, in Sept 07 to Hawaii. We have 2 separate days in Maui one day 8-10, Kahului and the other 8-8, Lahaina. Which port would be better for us to rent the car to do the road to Hana and will we have enough time? Also how long does it take? It sounds like something we would really enjoy.

We left the ship around 8 am and returned to the ship by 2:30. We went all the way around. It would have been even better if we had more time but, in any case, I wouldn't have missed it....amazing.

There's alot to do around Lahaina so you may want to do it from the other location. If you're able to I highly recommend the Old Lahaina Luau. If you like to snorkle, there's a great spot at the Sheraton Maui, you can even rent equipment there.

There are Revealed books for each of the islands. You can get them discounted on bn.com or borders.com. They were invaluable while we were in Hawaii. They are not your typical travel book. They have off the beaten track things and insider things that someone who lives there might know about. They also tell you what not to miss. I highly recommend the books.

Archived